[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3 4 5 6 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

FYI~Most beautiful tank!! What a wonderful eye for color you have, I'm totally impressed Also that's a Pineapple sponge growing on your snail kind a funny as it's usually found in the darker areas of our tanks.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com
    Likes phishcrazee liked this post

phishcrazee - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    FYI~Most beautiful tank!! What a wonderful eye for color you have, I'm totally impressed Also that's a Pineapple sponge growing on your snail kind a funny as it's usually found in the darker areas of our tanks.
    Aww thank you, I'm blushing

First Name
    Fawn

Since today is the last day to add livestock to the tank, I took out a few things and switched them so I could add a few others things last night. Added a small zoa colony to the other zoas and paly's on the flat rock in the middle. Also removed the larger neon toadstool for a smaller frag of the same thing. Obtained some blue anthelia and pink encrusting gorgonian over the weekend, both small frags, for $10 each. Will have the final list and prices up here by tomorrow, with pictures too hopefully.

First Name
    Fawn

Table not posting quite right, grrrr
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phishcrazee; 05-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.

First Name
    Fawn

I have the tank stock list with prices........will have some updated pictures very soon

No code has to be inserted here.

First Name
    Fawn

Here's a list of the equipment I'm running on the tank......nothing too crazy, but it keeps everything nice and steady. I think I'm going to need a little clip-on fan for the summer months, as the heat has been creeping up a little higher than I want on warmer days, even with the A/C and ceiling fan on.

• 24g Cardiff Aquarium with stand and standard issue skimmer, return & skimmer pump
    • Kessil 150w LED light fixture with goose neck mount
    • Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6045 Pump
    • Ecoplus Aquaheat 200w heater
    • Tsunami Auto top-off
    • Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite w/ pH & temp probes

There's ~ 10# of live rock in there, as well as the bioballs that came with the tank for biological filtration. The macro algae does an excellent job of removing nitrates and phosphates In fact, I just ordered some potassium nitrate today to start dosing the tank, as I can hardly keep enough nitrates to see much growth in some of the macros.

And besides the coral and macros, here's what's living in the tank.

• Pair of mated orange skunk clown fish
    • 1 skunk cleaner shrimp
    • 12 cerith snails (they have laid eggs, so maybe more?)
    • 6 turbo snails
    • Bicolor dwarf angel
    Last edited by phishcrazee; 05-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Looking great! Good job figuring out how to post your budget table too.

First Name
    Fawn

A few updated pictures........

An almost FTS
    5 7 12tank001 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Fts.
    5 7 12tank004 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Some of the macros. Top to bottom, violet dream, botryocladia, codium and purple sea rod (gorgonian). The c. barbata is behind the sea rod. The red gracilaria is not pictured here, but sits on either side of the tank near the back.
    5 7 12tank003 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Decided to get a little more organized behind the scenes one day. Labeled everything that plugs in......
    4 27 12nanoupdate002 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Rigged up a little "anchor" with some fishing line and frag plugs to hold down the codium, which would float away from where I had it about once a day I positioned the codium, then looped the line over the algae and buried the plugs in the sand. So far, so good You can see the line here, but is barely noticeable unless you look at it up close. I think I'll try and hide it a bit more though, but just wanted it anchored for now.

5 7 12pelladubuquetank165 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build5 7 12pelladubuquetank172 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

Anthelia and an unhappy frag of neon toadstool (just moved it around).
    5 7 12pelladubuquetank169 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

The zoas, paly's and the lone mushroom.
    5 7 12pelladubuquetank175 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

The bicolor angel. I really like this fish He's friendly. Great appetite! He's always tooling around, not a fish you have to go searching for. And of course, it's got gorgeous coloration. The only drawback so far has been that he ate the little "puffs" that grow on the ends of the c. barbata Otherwise, a great fish thus far. Hard to get a great shot of an active fish, but you can at least see the coloration.

5 7 12tank007 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build5 7 12tank006 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build5 7 12tank005 - Phishcrazee's Nano Tank Build

That's it for now, have some actinic shots I'll try and upload tomorrow. Thanks for looking

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

The tank is looking great! I really like all of the macroalgae you're growing.

Tom

First Name
    Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    The tank is looking great! I really like all of the macroalgae you're growing.

Tom
    Thanks Tom! Its been kind of fun trying to keep the nitrates and phosphates up for a change

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3 4 5 6 Last