[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

pjr's new nano build thread

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Tom@HaslettMI View Post
    Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the project...

Looks good.
    Tom
    No you didn't say that!?! Lol
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Lol he sure did! !!!
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    No you didn't say that!?! Lol
    Yup. I simply could not help myself.

Back on topic... What type of finish are you going to put on the stand?

Not sure on the finish. Thought about a natural oak, but nobody really does much of that anymore (even thought i really like it). Rest of my office is a reddish oak to mahogony. it'll be in the corner so i probably could make anythink work. Talk me into something!!

Thought about something crazy. Like the natural oak with stainless steel or bronze mouldings.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Love the bronze/mahogany idea myself

Played with stains tonight... From bottom to top, three MinWax products I had laying around:

• Red Mahogany
    • Mahogany
    • Bombay Mahogany with Poly

20130115 201306 - pjr's new nano build thread

The color of the Bombay is very close to my office furniture. It just didn't seem to go on very well.... maybe it's the poly in it? Been a long time since I stained anything, but yeah, the color seems a bit blotchy. Maybe it's just me...

Put in a few screws tonight. Tomorrow is bowling night; Thursday we have a sale at Home Depot, so I'll but the cabinet and just pirate off the door (geez what a waste). I hope to mount the door and trim and finish assembly.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

The Mahogany and B Mahogany look to much alike to me. I really like the Red but then it has to match with your office furniture. How about a Santo Domingo?Upper right?
    u6y3agav - pjr's new nano build thread

My work wife doesn't like the red colors at all. Yes dear. .. May be the bottom color after all...

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by pjr View Post
    My work wife doesn't like the red colors at all. Yes dear. .. May be the bottom color after all...
    I tried lol

Been crazed at work. ... I owe an update. Stand finished. Stain however did not go well. color was darker than expected and very blotchy. Would up painting stand. Will provide pics soon! !

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last