[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Non-Photosynthetic (NPS) Coral

Discuss gorgonians and non-photosynthetic corals such as tubastrea, dendrophyllia, chili coral, sponges, etc. in this forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
  1. Sticky Thread Care of Large Polyp Non-Photosynthetic Corals

Purpose of Thread: This is a brief description in "Laymans Terms" of how to feed and keep large polyp non-photosynthetic corals (NPS coral). I...
    Started by stunreefer, 10-09-2009 07:34 AM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  1. Sun Coral Placement

I have noticed that my sun corals are quick to open as soon as the pumps are turned off for feeding time. Is this a Pavlovian reaction, or are they...
    Started by dlhirst, 07-03-2011 07:31 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  2. Blueberry Gorgs

I'm in search of anyone who has had success with the blueberry gorg.
    Started by SantaMonicaHelp, 11-10-2021 06:22 PM
  3. red gorgonian

I have a red gorgonian and it was doing great, but within the last week it hasn't been opening. It's been getting brown algae on it and I've gotten...
    Started by ShockSniper, 11-21-2013 12:00 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  4. Look what Bryan saved for me

Thanks to all the guys at Trop. I love this guy. Open and eating cyclops.
    Started by slapshot, 07-01-2011 08:19 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  5. Is this a Dendro or a sun coral???

I had purchased this online, I was told they were Australian Dendrophyllia, but to me they look more like a sun coral. I have had them for about a...
    Started by eveningstar15, 02-06-2014 11:53 AM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  6. Sun coral update

This is my sun coral that never opens aaargh! I don't know what to try next. I've moved it, put in a seperate container to try and feed it but...
    Started by Rpalt1, 02-18-2014 06:19 PM
  7. Starting to panic!

I have had my sun coral for two weeks now and it still will not open! I've used the same foods and methods the previous owner did and still nothing....
    Started by Rpalt1, 02-07-2014 07:37 PM
  8. Sun coral gift

I have a friend who wants to give up his 20 polyp dendrophyllia, but it has bubble algae on it. Should i take it or pass on it? I don't want bubble...
    Started by Rpalt1, 01-22-2014 06:36 PM
  9. Feeding a Sun Coral?

Is there a prepared food out there somewhere that is best to feed these guys? I've been feeding Rod's Complete and NLS pellets. Anything better?
    Started by MizTanks, 09-19-2012 10:42 AM
  10. Baby dendrophyllia!

So after well over a year (may be closer to two) my dendro finally popped out a baby! I believe the key has been increased feeding. I used to feed it...
    Started by Tom@HaslettMI, 01-28-2012 10:00 AM
  11. Checkout my new tube

I can't wait to add this bad boy to my collection!!
    Started by slapshot, 11-15-2011 05:38 PM
  12. In Full Bloom

I had some time and thought since summer is finally here I would take some pictures I’m calling them In Full Bloom.
    Started by slapshot, 06-19-2011 07:41 PM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread