[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Thanks Oceans and Seas for sponsoring CR!

Bookmark and Share
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default Thanks Oceans and Seas for sponsoring CR!

I'd like to welcome Ocean and Seas to our sponsoring businesses...

Ocean and Seas is located in SE Michigan and has been in business since 1972! They have a great shop with over 4000 gallons of saltwater displays!

Please joining me in welcoming Brian and the gang to Captive Reefs.
    Last edited by jimsflies; 07-25-2010 at 02:43 PM.

2. Visit Ocean's and Sea's website
    oceansandseas - Reefkeeper CR Sponsor
    First Name
    brian

Red face

Thanks Jim. Hope we can help make this the best forum in the county. Just to let everybody know, we have a sister store in Grosse Pointe (Lou's Pet Shop). They are celebrating their 40th anniversary. In celebration we are offering 40% off any fish, coral, or invert of your choice to our pet club members through Saturday(07/31/2010). If your not a pet club member, you can go to our website to get a coupon for a free membership. Or if your pet club has expired, you can renew for half-off ($5 instead of $10).

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Glad to have ya at CR oceans and sees!

Rook - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nice deal. I did not know there was a relationship between O&S and Lou's. Only been to Lou's a couple time though, so the kid can see the animals, but they don't have salt so I don't go often.
    MMC 2012. Attend Michigan's premeire Marine Aquarium Conference.
    http://www.midwestmarineconf.org

oceansandseas - Reefkeeper CR Sponsor
    First Name
    brian

The brief background is that Lous's was going to close in 1996. The owner (Joe) had worked there since his father started the store in 1970. He got burnout. Don and I bought it together (Don worked at Oceans and Seas since he was 14). Joe still does tank and pond maintenance but seems much happier.

thefishgirl - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Becky

And eventually.. you'll be adding the saltwater stuff back in? *fingers crossed*

AND of course.... Welcome to CR! Thanks for sponsoring!

Rook - Reefkeeper CR Member

I see Lou's has a new location too!! I assume a bigger and better Lous?

I son asked to go visit the turtle
    MMC 2012. Attend Michigan's premeire Marine Aquarium Conference.
    http://www.midwestmarineconf.org

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Yes fingers crossed for salt drygoods and livestock. I can picture a nice 48x24x12 frag table in the store for sure. Its soo close to my house it would be the best.

The kids love going up there to pet the hedgehog, all the reptiles and of course Franky the Turtle. Haven't met the ring tailed lemur yet.......
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Yes fingers crossed for salt drygoods and livestock. I can picture a nice 48x24x12 frag table in the store for sure. Its soo close to my house it would be the best.

The kids love going up there to pet the hedgehog, all the reptiles and of course Franky the Turtle. Haven't met the ring tailed lemur yet.......
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys