[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Other Marine Life

Anemones, clams, crabs, urchins, starfish, macroalgae, pods, shrimp, snails, mollusks, and worms...basically if it moves and isn't a fish, it probably can be discussed here.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... Last
  1. Does anyone know how many starfish you can have in a tank?

I am aware that some brittle stars and serpent stars can be trouble if hungry. I am just curious if there is a limit to how many you can have in a...
    Started by Naiad, 04-10-2014 07:16 PM
  2. What's Eating My Fish?

A few weeks back, I bought five new fish for my 55 Gal tank. All five were small, three chromis and two baby O's. Within an hour, I had two chromis...
    Started by dlhirst, 03-05-2014 03:10 PM
  3. Urchin Makin' Whoopie

I have a long spined black urchin which always seems to find a new way to amaze me. Tonight it's going to town trying to fertilize the Oyster Feast I...
    Started by dlhirst, 11-27-2013 07:05 PM
  4. Beautiful Astrenia Star Fish.

Biggest one I've yet to see in my tank :) Way cool!!! Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
    Started by MizTanks, 11-13-2013 12:54 PM
  5. My porcelain died!!

Recently my porcelain crab molted and when he did I noticed he was missing both of his big claws. He ended up dying the next day. So my question is...
    Started by eveningstar15, 09-22-2013 02:10 PM
  6. Why we shouldn't keep octopi!

Somebody shared this video with me, thought y'all might like to see it too... can we really seal the tanks up tight enough?
    Started by dlhirst, 04-17-2013 10:04 AM
  7. Yea baby! After a two year search...

I have been looking everywhere for one of these guys, thanks to Bongo Shrimp and Blue Zoo Aquatic I finally have one. It's a Harlequin Crab. They...
    Started by slapshot, 04-11-2013 06:55 PM
  8. Is it a Good Witch or a Bad Witch?

So this bad boy crawled out of a hunk of rock I was moving a couple of months ago and bit me. I was ****ed and I slam dunked him back into the tank,...
    Started by MyNemesis, 02-09-2013 07:02 PM
  9. Blue leg vs. Red leg hermits

I was wondering. What crab does a better job at cleaning up algae. I have a ton of blue legs and snails and it seems they are pretty picky. I let a...
    Started by sugargary, 01-12-2013 05:19 PM
  10. Brittle Star Reproduction

Can these critters make little ones on their own? To the best of my knowledge, I have ONE in the tank. Today, vacuuming sand, I believe I stirred up...
    Started by dlhirst, 12-02-2012 08:15 PM
  11. What's your oldest creature? Mine's a brittle star

I've got a brittle starfish that is at least 14 years old. I say at least because he hasn't grown at all since I got him as a birthday present from...
    Started by Tom Toro, 12-02-2012 10:15 AM
  12. Reef safe Urchins besides Tuxedos

Are there any Urchins you guys use besides the tuxedos to clean up algae that are very reef safe? I don't care if they knock stuff over or eat...
    Started by Tom Toro, 11-15-2012 08:09 PM

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... Last

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread