[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

anemone

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

OP Quote: [this is our first anemone he came with 2 clowns it looks like it is falling in the rockwork like a hole can it get out or do we turn the rock on a angle so he can work its way out a bit]Quote

Originally Posted by bluwc View Post
    Yeah, he lost a few plate corals and having all kinds of issues. He has been posting on another forum if I remember correctly. Tank is having too many issues and not stable enough to house a nem. I would take it to a LFS until your issues are resolved....

How did the above post HELP the OP? Seems more like gossip to me..even if it's honest gossip.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

You're absolutely correct, he poses a question about an unhealthy, bleached nem on why it's hiding in the rock. The fact that there are issues going on the tank that probably most members on here are not aware is completely irrelevant correct? The fact that things are dying in his tank is also irrelevant? I could be wrong but several living animals do not die just because and for no reason?

So do you recommend keeping a nem, which is already a hard to keep animal, in a new tank that obviously has issues? It is bad advise for me to make the statement "take the nem back to the LFS until your tank has aged and you have more experience". Or should I have recommended to him to keep the nem and kill it? Which would have been better advice?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

As you noticed I gave no advice at all~I know diddly about nems I am merely concerned about chasing someone new to CR away Let alone chasing a newbie away I've been chased away under similar circumstances from other sights~I have never been back to them either.
    I had/have no knowledge about the OP. What he's done on other sights matters not to me. He came here for help and basically got his *** chewed out. I feel like he may have been let down, or worse left here feeling intimidated. I know that feeling too. Guess I'm closer to being a newbie then most.....

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    As you noticed I gave no advice at all~I know diddly about nems I am merely concerned about chasing someone new to CR away Let alone chasing a newbie away I've been chased away under similar circumstances from other sights~I have never been back to them either.
    I had/have no knowledge about the OP. What he's done on other sights matters not to me. He came here for help and basically got his *** chewed out. I feel like he may have been let down, or worse left here feeling intimidated. I know that feeling too. Guess I'm closer to being a newbie then most.....
    Yes I understand that, but when you post for the past few weeks about animals dying in your tanks on other forums, whether you feel that is important information......I would like to think it is. When someone leaves that information out.....how can anyone else here help resolve the nem issue because obviously there is something seriously going on, or maybe I'm wrong or lucky? I don't have things dying in my tank for no reason and I would not take a nem on if I were having issues. I will disagree with most on here and say you can add a nem to a new tank BUT it has to be a stable tank. I added one to my 60g after it was up for 3mths and I added one to my cube in less than 6weeks from when it started. I don't have a problem by putting them in a new tank at all and that's not what I'm saying...I'm saying don't put them in a new tank if it's going to die. You are better off taking it back and waiting until your tank is aged and you aren't so new to the hobby. There is obviously an issue with the tank to have things die and again, that is important information. I would like to think that most would agree that it's not a good idea to keep adding more stuff whether it be fish, nems, coral or any other animals.

For the record, I am not trying to run anyone out of CR or **** off a newbi but someone has to think "what's in the best interest for the animal". Nothing has been told about the tank, parameters, history, maintainence, problems....nothing. So how can anyone help with no information? If there is an issue, which there is, I am sure many would be willing to try to help resolve it. I stand by statement and do not regret for letting the community know that things are dying in the tank and it could also be the reason why his nem is unhappy. If he wants help resolving the issue, I am sure he will get the help just as he would have on the other forums.

It's the same old thing all the time, you ask a question, don't like that answer.....ask someone else hoping to get an answer you like or just go do it anyway because you know best and then "wonder why". (this statement is NOT directed at him....just a statement that shows itself true and true over and over again in this hobby)

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Bluwc-darlin in no way do I think your trying to run anyone out of CR. I do understand your concerns. I'm sure if I was more familiar with the "real issue" I would feel the same. We're on the same page there I was telling how it "looked" to me is all. You know, my opinion lol. It's all good though.

IPhone+Tapatalk=I don't miss a thing!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2