[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Annemone for a percula clown

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    systemfan15 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Annemone for a percula clown

What would be the ideal anemones for 2 percale clowns?
    Steve K.

**percula clowns**
    Steve K.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Here you go... this is a list of the most common clown - anenome compatibilities

http://www.captivereefing.com/showthread.php?t=309

http://www.captivereefing.com/showthread.php?t=387
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

thank you very much
    Steve K.

Hey dakar, can you give me (in your opinion) a ratio on how much light these anenomes need? say in watts per inches of depth? I was wondering what kind of lighting I would need for a tank that is 72 x 24 x 13(tall). Thank you*

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Most will require somewhere around 5-7w/gal as an average...however the depth of your tank is going to be the largest determinaing factor as to the type of bulbs that can adequately supply the light.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Hmm yeah I figured that...have any suggestions for a tank 13 inches tall or roughly the same height as a 20 gallon long? Whatever would be "sufficient".

ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkAnGeLs7
    Hmm yeah I figured that...have any suggestions for a tank 13 inches tall or roughly the same height as a 20 gallon long? Whatever would be "sufficient".
    A tank that small will do well with PC's. Current USA makes a small Orbit Fixture with 2X65W or you could go with T5's. Both will support a BTA Anemone that will require less light than most others and most clowns will go to.

That aside, If you mean TRUE percs then BTA's, Sebaes, Carpets and others are good Anmeones for them. If you have False Percs that were tank bred/raised they can be trained to go in almost any anemone. I trained my False Percs to go to a SeBae which they are not found in in nature.

It's easy to do, I just taped a picture of False Percs in an Anemone to the front glass near the SeBae for a day. That night after closely examining the picture 2 of the 4 were snuggled into the SeBae.

Haha that's a cool story, and thank you for the help....I would love to get some halides but I've already spent a fortune on live rock and sand for this tank*

Dork-Fish - Reefkeeper CR Member

That link above doesn't work... I would like to see what the compatability is. Is it possible that you still have it?
    45 Reef 2x 96 Coral Life PC's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last