[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Banded Coral Acting wierd

Bookmark and Share

Default Banded Coral Acting wierd

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lost my female banded coral in the move (900 miles and that was only loss, #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif"#ed_cl#, not to0 bad i guess)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anywho, my male banded coral has been actin fine, just like normal. I saw he had molted like 2 days ago or so, but didnt think much of it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Saw him yesterday behind a piece of LR, upside down and lite twitching. I gently turned him upright and have been watchin him ever since. I was thinkin, is he just like this because his new shell is hardening? Or is something wrong with him?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's still alive, i can see whatever organs they have doin whatever they do inside of him. And he has use of some of his smaller pinching claws and it seems as if he's feeding himself from what he can reach.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

You likely caught him right after a molt. Give him a day or two and he should return to normal. Ours tends to disappear long enough to actually be missed, though the molted shell makes for a VERY convincing decoy..
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Thats what i was figuring. I was just curious if anyone else has actually witnessed theirs actin like this after a molt.

Just concerned a bout my critters is all.

P.S.~ the anemone seems to be doin fine and even ate some fo0d!