[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Beginners pointers please.

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

Perhaps mine just get enough pellets by default to not need feeding. But I have literally not spot fed any nems in at least 18 months and they don't move, period.

Jim if you look at Miz's tank she doesn't have any spot with more than 3-5 inches where there isn't a coral. For her tank a mini maxi would work, but a bubble would just be a royal pain. I bought a bubble that when expanded was about 5" across, within 6 months it was 2 at about 5" across. Another 6 months and it was 2 at 12" across and then one of them split again. Right now I have 2 at about 12-14" across and mercifully neither has split going on about 6mo.
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

Default nem

Yeah id say I've had good success DSC 0254 - Beginners pointers please.
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    I thought you already had it ordered?

While I agree 100% with everything rmalone said, it does take awhile for the nems to get that big and they often split before that point. A nem is also pretty easy to frag if you can get at it. Just throwing it out there for you to consider...
    I told him I wanted it yes and then we set the delivery date for Wednesday.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rmalone View Post
    Perhaps mine just get enough pellets by default to not need feeding. But I have literally not spot fed any nems in at least 18 months and they don't move, period.

Jim if you look at Miz's tank she doesn't have any spot with more than 3-5 inches where there isn't a coral. For her tank a mini maxi would work, but a bubble would just be a royal pain. I bought a bubble that when expanded was about 5" across, within 6 months it was 2 at about 5" across. Another 6 months and it was 2 at 12" across and then one of them split again. Right now I have 2 at about 12-14" across and mercifully neither has split going on about 6mo.
    See this is what I love about coming here. rmalone has taken the time to look at my tank your exactly right too. If I could guarantee that the nem wouldn't move, then I might reconsider. But that and the fact of it's max size leads me to believe that I'd be taking a mighty big chance on something I've ONLY wanted for the last 2 years to you rmalone
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

Miz tell ya my story owned 3 so far. Got one put where I wanted it moved 3-4 times n I put it back where i wanted it n it stayed. I tore tank apart n moved it moved it n its rock lil higher n it split but both stayed on that rock. Lost power they moved I put em back n they stayed. I got new bta n placed it sold other 2 n their rock n new one hasn't moved. Guy I sold em to they move n split n give him grief. So kinda cross your fingers n pray LOL.

Big Steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2