[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

berghia nudibranch

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Andy

Default berghia nudibranch

Has anyone had any experience with the berghia nudibranch to control aiptaisia.
    Also if the results were positive where could I find one.

CR Member

How big of an infestation do you have? Berghia will ONLY eat aptasia, so once the source runs out they need to be removed and passed on to another tank.

As far as getting them, check locally, clubs ect. They are pretty common here on the west coast.

I have heard that they work great but unless you have a large infestation there are easier ways of killing aptasia

my prefered method is take a coffee mug full of tank water and heat it as hot as you can get it and shoot it slowly with a seringe to burn it till it melts away this works easier if you turn flow off in the tank first

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Default Re: berghia nudibranch

Great advice you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member
    First Name
    Andy

I have 20 -25 in the display tank that are hard to get to. The overflow is loaded with them. I have tried injecting them with Aiptaisia X and they shrivel up for 3-4 days and then come back bigger than before. I have tried scraping them from the overflow but that doesn't work either.

Thanks Andy

CR Member

Have you tried a peppermint shrimp? They've always worked for me.

tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Re: berghia nudibranch

one thing you could do is get a uv steralizer to run inline with the return and just leave them in the sump and overflow

then do the boiling water treatment on the ones in the dt but use a length of firm air or water line to reach the ones in the dt

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I personally had great success with Aiptasia-X. It takes some patience and persistence but I cleared my tank. My understanding is that when the Aiptasia become distressed by Shrimp, Human hand etc... they send out tiny off spring that with just show up later. When applied just right the Aiptasia-X will help prevent this from happening sealing them up as it is ingested.

I was bad off for a while but have seen one in months and months... I keep some around just in case...