[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

The big split!

Bookmark and Share
    DYoung - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default The big split!

Well I posted some time ago about my rose BTA. Since then it's grown to about 26" in diameter and has been eating about 1 1/2 to 2 full silversides per day. The great news this afternoon is it split! I've now got two specimens that are each about 14" in diameter. Keep watching the market, I'm planning to throw one up there in the coming days and YES I will ship! I'll get photos up soon.

Thanks,
    Dave
    "Gold fish were so easy..."

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Dude! What the heck? You do all the talking and don't put no pics up~lucky for you your to far away for me to go Yooper on your behind! lol Can't wait to see them
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

Mine hit about 14" in diameter and split, but all they get to eat are pellets that land in them when I feed the fish. I really wish there was a way to keep them from splitting, I only want one and it's a royal pain to remove them. I bought one at about 6" diameter and within a year it was two at 14" when one of them split I sold the larger one off and I expect the other half of the original split to split anytime. And then I will probably try to sell at least one or two of them. They are easier to get right after a split because they shift around a little.

DYoung - Reefkeeper CR Member

So I can't find the SD card that has the pics of it completely open but I have pics from in the morning in January when it was still pretty closed up. And I have pictures of the split down below. I'll find the pics of it right before the split, I know that they're around here somewhere, but I had to get something up for you guys. And it looks like the clone may not be quite as large as I had thought. Looks to be about 7-9". Probably going to sit on it for a month anyway and grow it a little before I sell it.

IMG 0282 - The big split!
    IMG 0283 - The big split!
    IMG 0284 - The big split!
    IMG 0285 - The big split!
    IMG 0290 - The big split!
    IMG 0291 - The big split!
    "Gold fish were so easy..."

CR Member

Nice nem and congrats