[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Blue leg vs. Red leg hermits

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Gary

Default Blue leg vs. Red leg hermits

I was wondering. What crab does a better job at cleaning up algae. I have a ton of blue legs and snails and it seems they are pretty picky. I let a little phosphate get out of control and as a result have a little algae to clean up. Just wanted to know some ups and downs of these critters. Any and all info appreciated. Thanks in advance to all my reefing bros and sis's!

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

ANything with claws, that kills snails for its home is bad news... Get a more diverse group of snails, including Cerith, Nerite, Trochus, Nassarious, and maybe a Mexican Turbo or 3 and call it a day.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Agree with the snails over the hermits. I have one blue legs in my 26g and he killed the other + 2 giant Nassarius. But I keep him because I've had since he was wee tiny.
    I love my Mexican Turbo, total algae cleaning machine.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com