[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

BTA Feeding...

Bookmark and Share

Default BTA Feeding...

I just purchased a rose bubble tip anemone. Just a little guy.... it's the first anemone I've had in years.

I've asked people their thoughts on feeding, and I've heard everything from nothing to sliversides to "it's sticky, just spray stuff at it."

Anyone have some recommendations on what works for them?
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

I would recommend silver slids and some rods food. I feed my nem with silverslides once every two weeks and on other days I feed rods food.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

If you have a good set of clowns they should handle all the anemones needs alone. Meaning the clown pair particularly the female will get mouthfuls of food and spit it back into the nem.
    Other than that Im not a huge fan of specifically target feeding a coral or nem. Too easy to pollute the tank with unnecessary over feeding.

Where are the pics Pat?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

handlevandal - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jacki
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

I have a clown who steals food from the nems it hosts in. I generally buy a shrimp or two from the local Kroger's and chop it into pieces about the size of a watch battery, then freeze them and give each nem one of those pieces once a week. I tried the silversides but I ended up tossing more than half of the package once it had been in the freezer for three or four months. They seem to really like the shrimp and I don't keep it any longer than a month before it's gone so I don't have to worry about freezer burn or spoilage that way.

lemonyx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Charles

I use to feed mine Silversides, but it get's messy after they regurgitate or poop. So I just feed raw Shrimp that has been soaked in Selcon, actually I use a hypodermic and inject the shrimp this way it won't wash off when I feed.

Depending on size, it may have to be a very small piece of food, small nem small mouth.

That's right, where are the pix's
    These are mine http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/sh...ed=1#post70056

Congrats
    Last edited by lemonyx; 04-26-2010 at 06:26 PM.

thx folks.... is mysis a suitable option while it is small?
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

kozyreef - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Michael

My male feeds my nem mysis and i feed a inch long strip of tillapia every 3 days to my bubble tip