[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

clams i want 2 know wht it is

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default clams i want 2 know wht it is

can some1 tell me wht kind of clam this is. i want one like it. even my dad don't know and he's good.

hay how do you show a pic on here. try again

:WHY: :WHY: :WHY:

ok i figgured it out. so wat is it please

PurpleAardvark - Reefkeeper CR Member

Looks like the big one is a derasa judging by the smoothness of the clam shell and the two smaller ones are maxima du to the color patern and fluits.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

Gonna need a better picture if you want more than an educated guess. I need a pic of the incurrent siphon and a good pic showing the shape of one valves (shell). The croceas shell is asymmetrical whereas the maxima is symetrical. You could also look for scutes which are little ridges you can see on the outer shell. If they are there it's looking like a maxima.

Renee

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

That clam was a formerly kept by one of our members that ourgrew his tank... an id was posted with the thread along with that picture... of course it's one I can't find at the moment... but it's one nobody could forget since the tank holding it is rather large (i forget how big, 230g maybe??) But any search pattern I can think up involving clams is coming back with a LOT of results. Still digging though.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

My error, no ID on the thread... Reefneck would likely know..

here is the thread
    http://www.captivereefing.com/showthread.php?p=26739
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

That is indeed my friends Clam in her 240G Reef. It was my teenager that posted that pic. She asked my what type of clam it is and we can not be sure. Even when I held it in my hands and had several experienced reefers around nobody was sure. Some speculate it's a hybrid.

Anyway, I said she could post it and see if anyone could ID it for sure. It's the huge one in the pic.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

oooops, my guess was Crocea ... and i stand by it !! only because i had one just like it, but smaller that was sold to me as Crocea. but i am no expert on clams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last