[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Coco worm

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Coco worm

She isn't looking so good-I add a few drops of phytoplex every other week-she don't look nothing like she did when I first brought her home. To much flow maybe?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

medwards - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

I add live phyto every couple days and i still think mine is going hungry. It just shed a crown, but my tank was out of whack, so that might be it also. This is my second worm, first one was around 7 months, and the one i have now is about five months. The worm is not known for doing well in captivity.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Coco worm

Yeah it looks like it's sheding it's heads. It was sooo pretty when I bought it

First Name
    Mike

Feed more phyto, and if the crowns are not opening maybe adjust your flow to the worm. Mine seem to open best in very low flow

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Default Coco worm

How will I know when it's to far gone-there's like bairly any heads left (

First Name
    Mike

If it comes out of the tube, and still opens id say your ok. Im not a pro my first one only lasted 7 months. But from watching my last one die, out of the tube and open is a good happy worm. as long as it is getting phyto. Coming up on month 6 with my second one.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Default Coco worm

Well I haven't seen it in a couple days now. Been adding phyto directly into it's tube. I'll give it another day or two, if nothing then I'm gonna remove it.

First Name
    Mike

Can you see the worm in the tube? If so dont remove it. It may be too far gone but if you can see the worm it should still be alive. On another note I do have 2 heads again. I can see clearly the second head. Did you ever move the worm to a low flow area?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Default Coco worm

Can't see nothing of it-did move it to lower flow area a while back-I believe she's a gonner (

First Name
    Mike

Sorry to hear it, that stinks. And my above post I wasnt trying to cold or mean, but was meaning to say they can take a bit and still come back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last