[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Feeding

Bookmark and Share
    Renee - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Feeding

I've seen a lot of posts where people feed their anemones and mushrooms and polyps (sun polyps was a recent one). I have a 5g bucket of dried krill, also frozen mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp, frozen blended mixed food, golden pearls (dried rotifers), and Cyclopeze. I'm trying to use the larger food. I have tried to place a very small krill on or near the mouth of a mushroom, and they start to close. But they don't "eat" it. They don't finish closing.

When trying to feed an anemone, my clownfish steal the food. I haven't given them an anemone lately. I've tried 3 anemones. One died via Pistol Shrimp, and I'd swear the last two got "wiggled" to death. Loved to death. Poor anemone couldn't eat, and was always being pestered. The last one was about 10" across for two medium sized false perculas. (Or true Percs? I'm not sure. Jason thinks they might be true percs.)

Anyway, how do you entice your mushroom to fully close? Do you wiggle the food, hold it still for 5 minutes... I need details, please. Some of my 'shrooms are 6" across. I would like them to eat & split for me.

Peregrinus - your anemone is still doing great! 4th time is a charm. Luckily, the clowns don't seem interested in him. Maybe it's the cute crab they aren't fond of. Either way, I'm thrilled.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Will i don't feed my mushrooms Thea split to much as it is i used to cut them up
    and get them to Davide that way before Thea started to leave the rocks and
    go everywhere.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Renee - Reefkeeper Registered User

So you guys don't feed your mushrooms silver slides or krill?

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nope. If you decide to give it another try, put a bottomless clear 2 liter bottle over the shrooms(if possible) and feed the silver side then. You should be able to witness the feeding without the interuption of other critters.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying