[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Free to a good home...

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Free to a good home...

I have a herd of tulip anemones that needs to me thinned down. Any one who like one or a handful is more then welcome to them. You pay the shipping you can have them.

For those of you who are not familiar with them, tulip anemones have bright green base with hot pink tips. They are relatively small, the biggest one I have is about the size of a silver dollar fanned out. The majority of them are about the size of a quarter. They are very hungry eaters. Their sting seems to be on the weak side, they irritate my zoas and shrooms but do not kill them. I typically nuke the problem ones with kalk paste like aiptasia. They also seem to like low light place. All of mine are hidden in the corners or caves. They do wander from time to time. They would work well in a nano or for a beginner.

I received 3 or 4 from Repto in the Spring of 2005 and now have ALOT now. They were part of a thermos trade via USPS priorty mail which if I remember took 3 days to get here. This guys were fine but the zoas were shot.

If your on the cheap side, we could go with Priorty shipping, thermos, heat packs, probably run around $10-15 or if your rolling in the dough I can certainly ship them Overnight ($$???).

If any one would like some just give a shout.

Aren't those majanos?
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

Hmm, I don't believe so. I will go a research and report back.

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nice Whoya...between you and Bobby you guys are making me want to set up another tank for all of the cool stuff I can't have in my pony tankes. I'm trying very hard to "downsize", but with you guys posting all of this stuff, it's hard to do.

I hope you find a taker for them. The pretty little anemonies. They are not majanos (sp?). They are in the same family as the strawberry anemonies.

Angie

Do they look like this?

a6 1 b - Free to a good home...

Yep Eric that is a great picture of one.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I have some of those little buggars, they sure are pretty!! but they dooo spread quick, Jay (repto) has a really cool patch of them in his tank
    fulltankshot 1 - Free to a good home...

From wetwebmedia....

Anemonia anemone 4/6/04
    Hi, I attached a picture and have been going around and around with a few people about what exactly these little guys are called I have been calling them Tulip Anemone's and some people have been calling them Aiptasia Anemone's......lol Now I know the difference and would never give away the dreaded ones on purpose, but have I been doing that by mistake?
    <this is a handsome Anemonia (so called Majano cf. species). They can be a plague just as easily as Aiptasia. For those with good water quality though (good nutrient export, control of particulates at large, etc) they present no problem and may be enjoyed. I find them to be very attractive>
    These guys in the picture split pretty easy when fed directly and are rather beautiful especially when you have a small cluster of them growing in the same area they do not seem to get much larger than a quarter. What do you think they are? Thank You for your time,
    <best regards, Anthony>

colorful anem id wwm - Free to a good home...

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

Yep that is them. I have a rock covered in them and they do make a nice little patch of color. I feed mine directly and they do split very quickly. but from what I have seen they dont seem to bother any of the corals.
    fulltankshot 1 - Free to a good home...

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

I'm just curious.... when did we start thinking of these guys as desireables? I really don't been any disrepect to anyone who keeps them.... but I was always under the impression they were pests.

Renee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last