[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Hey GT... How's the Tree Sponge frag doing?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default Hey GT... How's the Tree Sponge frag doing?

Hey GT, just have to know how that chunk of sponge is doing? There is so little info available on it we are navigating uncharted waters. The mother colony looks good, maybe even some new growth at the cut site. Growth rate has been fairly slow, but steady since the day we brought it home.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

since your asking Dakar,I'll ask as well.How's the rics and other shrooms doing for you?

First Name
    Dave

Dave, that Q is being directed at GT right? Otherwise we have a problem... LOL
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

yeah its for GT,we did zo/ric thermos swap recently.

First Name
    Dave

Bump.... think we were overlooked Dave...

Heh heh....Thanks for asking.

THe tree sponge is doing VERY WELL.... hard to tell if it is growing but its seems to continue to be healthy. Some healing growth at the cut site. I do have the cut area facing the sand so it probably wont show significant growth. Glad to hear the mother colony is good. I sure would like it to grow faster lol. (its only been what..2 weeks?)

As far as the shroom / ricordea.. THe shrooms are donig great. Infact i just relocated them to a better place in the tank. I think they will come along great. The ricodea however seems to have gotten some shock from shipping. It is shrinking a bit but I have high hopes for the regrowth. It is starting to look better and get some color.

How are all frags I sent to / traded with everyone. Geez there seem to be som many lately.

BTW....for those of you who havent met Angie and her Husband in person. I had the opportunity if meeting them last night (frag tradding). Very nice people. We probably could have talked for hours....lol...but then again it tanks,,,,so which one of us couldnt. THanks for stopping by guys. Hope everything made it home ok.

GT

First Name
    Dave

Good deal on the sponge.... sure is an interesting crittter if nothing else, time will definately tell. Ooddly enough, we've had a pretty good sized colt coral go missing, and in searching for it since the sponge fragging I discovered some very new and very orangy colored sponge growth under under some rockwork that was never present before, not sure if it's related to cutting the mother colony and 'sponge spores' that found a new home or what. Always cool to find new stuff.

Everything else is doing well on our end. Think we have a meeting set up with Angie and her husband set up for next Monday evening. Been talking about it, setting it up and putting it off for way too long now.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Just got a Thermos from GT toke the post office 4 long days to deliver it
    opened it up and ooh it stunk.
    But Wade you you believe the yellow plops at least most seam like Thea or going
    to make it' and i thank their is Enif of a base to one Mushroom that i thank it will
    hopefully regrow. :D
    GT most have done something right for anything to survive.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

GT,the thermos arrived yesterday,the yellow polyps are out and the zo's are starting to open,hope those rics bounce back for you.

Jerry C, All those mushrroms went bad......erg
    Not that i dont have tons more...but its the principle. There where some pretty big ones there, hopefully they will regrow...they are pretty hard to kill.
    If they do die...let me know. Ill be more than happy to ship some more.
    GT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last