[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Small FRY !!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Small FRY !!!

I think my cleaner shrimp have successfully spawned. These little guys are all over the fuge, with no other predators in there to get em' I hope a few survive... sorry for the poor pic, but these guys move so stinkin' fast !!
    Jimmy Buffett is my hero....

That's cool! My first guess would be that those are actually mysis shrimp, but what appear to be the red stripes would lead me to hope that those are cleaners. Not sure what they eat, but if they're like other microfauna, you could try putting some phytoplankton in there. Best of luck, and I'll take a few when they mature.

Eric
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

Oh yeah, here's another picture of small fries:

100 - Small FRY !!!

Eric,

thats what I though at first, but like you said, I can see a hint of red down their backs.... I have never fed the tank live mysis only frozen... Can the eggs of mysis survive cold temps ?

I have put some phyto in there in a baster... they swarm around the tip acting like a bunch of puppies ...

We'll see....

RG

ahhh.... You and I share the same sense of humor...

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

hmmmm yeah that is a tough one. that stripe sure steers me in the way of little babies. are they swimming around like mysis do or are they scurrying about the rock and substrate like a shrimp would do. that would be the only way I would be alble to tell with them being so small. mysis have such an eratic swimming pattern. you would think that baby shrimp would not do that.
    fulltankshot 1 - Small FRY !!!

nah these guys are truckin around on the substrate/rock rubble... behave like the big cleaners, just a whole lot faster... We'll see if they survive, Been reading on them, and have read that they are tough to rear. But, they are all alone in the fuge with nothing else except a couple of bristles in there. I looked at the other cleaners again today, and one is gravid again !!!! Im going to be up to my ears in shrimp !!!!

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

that is awesome!!! keep us posted. I could use a few more cleaner shrimp!!! HINT HINT HINT
    fulltankshot 1 - Small FRY !!!

I thought I was gravid once, but then realized I eat too much and it was just my gut. Oh well...

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Lucky you! Sometimes the best things happen in the tank when you least expect them! That would be a cool thing to happen to us! We sure could use about 5 or 6 of them! *another hint hint* ...Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last