[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Abused Banded Coral Shrimp

Bookmark and Share
    TJDeMars - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Abused Banded Coral Shrimp

I have 2 Banded Coral Shrimp in my tank. They got along for 5 months without any fighting, until recently. Both shrimp have 1 large claw, 1 has all of it's legs and all if it small claws. The second shrimp has 1 leg on each side and no small claws, he's in bad shape. My ??? is, will this shrimp recover or is he a lost cause. I re aquascaped the tank entirely this past weekend and that seems to have gotten them to stop fighting anyway.

ReefNeck - Reefkeeper Registered User

It sounds like your shrimp are maturing and are both the same sex. The fighting will continue till one is dead.

By rearranging the aquascape you have broken up the territories which has stopped the fighting for now. Once they establish new territories it will begin again.

I would say that your shrimp has no chance to recover if kept in the same tank. If one was removed then he has a chance.