[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ID needed

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Ohh I just found another one in my other seahorse tank. Too cute. The ONLY macros I got that went into both tanks was prolifera. They had to come from that macro order.

If I find anymore, I will take them out. 1 per tank is enough macro munchers, lol.

Update....I moved both of the little macro munchers to a 10g tank that I dumped a bunch of HA covered prolifera into. It wasn't good for anything else, so they can eat anything they want in there. I don't know how they reproduce, so I didn't want to take the chance of 1 in each tank turning into a 100 in each tank. I wonder how big they will get?

Angie

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Now that's a real cute little slug ya got there Angie! He definitely has some character. It just goes to show you how certain critters adapt to the environment that makes them the happiest....(eating Angie's macro's). Have you ever seen the big gross tomato worm that lives on the stems of tomato plants? It has the same exact appearance as the stem of the plant, so they are hard to see, but do great damage. Kind of a weird comparison I know, but in reality it's very accurate! Your little slug must have come in on some of the macro's you purchased. Notice how his tail resembles that of the feathered macro? Cute little bugger though! Thanks for sharing him! ...Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Well.......I now know how they reproduce, lol They lay eggs in a zig zag pattern like my snails do on the glass. I scraped them off and siphoned them out when they were done. Too bad they didn't eat hair algae. I be mass producing them then I guess may I should NOT have put them in the same tank together.

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

what are macro's ? ...... and the slug was not a good thing too have?
    :: hummer :nemo

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by hummer View Post
    what are macro's ?
    al
    ><((((

IF anyone wants or needs the pair, they can have them. I don't "need" them, but I don't have to get rid of them either. Since I prune my macros, I simply throw the excess into the little tank they are in and they have a fresh supply of food. They are currently in a 5g tank with over a pound of prolifera. That will hold them for awhile.

Angie

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2