[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Long tip anemone

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Default Long tip anemone

I recently added a long tip anemone to my 210 tank and it looks fine. My question is it seems to have stopped moving and where it ended up is not the best for viewing. It found a cave on the bottom of the tank in the sand and is tucked right up in it. It's heathy looking but my question is would it be ok to move it? Whats the best way to try to get it to stay where I put it? or should I just leave it alone?

thanks!

Joel

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I would leave it. It setttled there because that spot meets all of its needs. Moving it could damage it and it may not stay where you put it (if the conditions are not right). If you really want it to move I recommend changing the conditions where it currently is (change flow or light intensity). If that spot stops providing the right conditions it will move on its own. However, it could move to an even less ideal spot.

HTH,
    Tom

CR Member

An anemone is an animal that has the ability to move.
    It is going to move to a place it likes and if you move it,it will just move again.

Would you like it if I picked you up and put you in Anchorage, Alaska and you really want to live in Canton, MI?

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Lol....thanks guys! I'm leaving it alone.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacohen View Post
    Would you like it if I picked you up and put you in Anchorage, Alaska and you really want to live in Canton, MI?
    LoL! This may be the best analogy for understanding anemones I've seen. Amusing but right to the point.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeiHei29er View Post
    LoL! This may be the best analogy for understanding anemones I've seen. Amusing but right to the point.
    I was going to go with...

Imagine putting a fish your tank and telling to stay in one place because it looks good there, but I liked the other one better.