[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

maxi clams

Bookmark and Share
    bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

Default maxi clams

i been wanting one for a while have read they can be keeped under t5ho bu not for sure wanted to get some opinions on it. i run 4 x48 inch t5ho 2 6500s and 2 ati blue + lights are 4 inches off tank 18 inchs deep
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

Im sure your lights will supply it with plenty of light just be sure not to get a small maxima clam because my baby clam recently died. I guess the rule of thumb is to not get one thats under 4" because they have to be fed a lot and can be hard to care for.
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

I've had great luck with small clams! I They got feed when we feed the corals. But maximas love light, try and keep them up a little higher. If there mantle is stretched out just raise then to they are happy.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

mallorieGgator - Reefkeeper CR Member
    RC Trouble Maker

I have a crocea about 6 inches under a 4 bulb T-5 fixture with 2 ati blue +, 1 KZ fiji purple, and 1 kz new generation. I have individual reflectors on my bulbs and a good fixture (aquaticlife). I have had my clam and it's been growing very well now for about 6 mos.
    Mallorie Gaughran- U.F. Animal Bio Undergrad
    55 Gallon SPS and Zoanthid Dominant Tank with a few LPS and NPS here and there.

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

ty guys will buy one for sure soon will look nice with my other clam
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2