[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

my nem today

Bookmark and Share

Default my nem today

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I tried to take another full tank shot, but the sunlight coming in the kitchen made a glare too bright for a decent pic. I have to take pics at night, but it seems like I forget to! Anyway, I was able to get a pic of the nem... a little while ago he wasall spread out, then he balled up a bit (that's when I took this shot), and now he's all spread out again! He's still just about where I placed him Saturday morning... except he snuggled up against the rock#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love the spots!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG alt="image file name: 2k24e7dd2b95.jpg" src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/upload/2k24e7dd2b95.jpg" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

he should snuggle on a rock it helps hide his basal foot. but he looks good
    fulltankshot 1 - my nem today

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
    Quote Originally Posted by graphixx22
    ...he looks good
    #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Thank you,graphixx...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I placed him about 1 1/2" from the rock, and over a 24 hour period, he kind of scooted back into that depression in the rock. It seems like he's doing well... considering this is my first nem and being unfamiliar with the daily behavior of one, I think he's doing okay. I'm happy that he's content to stayin the front of the tank. I think Marlin will be MUCH more likely to host him in this spot, as opposed to being in the back of the tank. I just feel bad for Marlin... I took his hot-pink nemmy away from him, he's sleeping in a crack in the rock, and he hasn't eaten in two days. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I'm not freaking out or anything... just feeling a bit guilty over the stress I've caused my first saltwater baby! #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Many thanks to everyone for all the support over the last several days!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl#

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you only need to feed him about 2 times a week so dont worry about the not eating thing. BTW he looks great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner Reefer
    you only need to feed him about 2 times a week so dont worry about the not eating thing.
    #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you mean the nem or Marlin? I fed the nem several hours after I got him, just to check if he was okay. I feed Marlin every morning, but he hasn't eaten since I took his rubber nem out on Saturday. He's usually a little piglet, so I'm feelingatad guilty for the stress I've caused him.I know he'll be okay, though. He'll eat ... when he's ready to!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
    Quote Originally Posted by Beginner Reefer
    BTW he looks great!
    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you! I think he's a handsome specimen, but then again, I AM a little biased! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oooooo ok i thaught you were talking about the anemone not eating!! lol, ya hopefuly he will eat sooN!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

yep just hang in there, Marlin will host, and yeah I would only fed the anem a couple of times a week. all it takes is time. one of my clowns in one of my tanks took like 6 months if I remember correctly to host. but it will happen.
    fulltankshot 1 - my nem today

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeppers, my percs took a long time to host but as of a week ago, they did!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

harmanrk - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what type of nem is that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Long Tenticle Anemone#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#