[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New Bad Boy

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

Gottcha..... that's what I have on the picotope with the above guy in it.

Is your wife "into" tanks? I mean really into tanks.... not just supportive and interested in your hobby, but so that it's her main hobby as well? Just curious. Then again... her hobby is probably chasing the little one around. I forget your offspring stats.... I know you have a least one young one 'cause I remember a picture.

Renee

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

My wife is SOOO NOT into the tanks. She called my reeftank a glass box with various brains and other tumor looking things...

She does like the ponies but NOT the work involved.

She does NOT like my culture stations and the little tanks all over the house with my various experiments in them

HEY NOW... I'm way thinking..and how the heck did you and Greg get soo lucky! Okay...now I'm in a sour mood

Anyways...the kids are getting bigger. The oldest boy is 11 and his brother 9. Pretty soon they'll be mowing the lawn and letting me stay wet and salty..

Speaking of wet and salty... I can't figure it out...but I've been subconciously researching Mantis lately...Hmmm.... how'd that get into my "Fragile Eggshell Mind" (said in his best Jim Morrison) .. osmosis perhaps

Did you see this nice article: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006.../document_view

Dave
    ><((((

I LOVE that first pic!

Quote Originally Posted by JustDavidP View Post
    HEY NOW... I'm way thinking..and how the heck did you and Greg get soo lucky! Okay...now I'm in a sour mood
    You have no idea how great it is.......
    • having really great conversations about the hobby ALL the time.
    • Both big time DIYers.
    • Both have similar ideas concerning fish and tank setups and what not.... and we have great discussions about the subjects where we differ
    • we are both totally 100% behind whatever the other wants to buy.... a VERY nice thing
    • both equally active and and involved in another forum (can never be "grumped" at for being on the site.) Can have discussions about what is going on there. If your spouse isn't involved in an online forum then they really don't understand what it's all about.

I guess that's about it. It does sound pretty good doesn't it? :-)

Renee

Quote Originally Posted by seahorsedreams View Post
    I guess that's about it. It does sound pretty good doesn't it? :-)
    Yeah...do the both of you do "lectures". I'd love to send my spouse! Actually, she has said that if I set up one more tank, It would have to be big enough for ME to live in.... I really do think I MIGHT miss her

Dave
    ><((((

In all honesty, I'm happy for you and SaxDude! In the couple years I've been corresponding with the both of you, you've probably figured out that I really do like the both of you...and wish that an entire nation was not between us.

You are the kind of folks that when mixed with a bottle of wine, some good conversation etc. could become part of the "family" quickly.
    ><((((

Quote Originally Posted by JustDavidP View Post
    Actually, she has said that if I set up one more tank, It would have to be big enough for ME to live in.... I really do think I MIGHT miss her
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Renee

Renee, I am a tad green with envy that you and your husband can share your love of reefing. My husabnd walks by when I'm on the computer and grumbles that I'm always looking at "fish stuff". He's not UNsupportive, but his eyes tend to glaze over when I start talking about my obsession. I would love to be able to share my excitement with him!

Maybe we should have a "reefers dating club"
    ><((((

The Captive Reefing Personals Column... now, that's the ticket!!!

If I weren't married, mine would go something like this:
    Fun-loving gal seeking man who loves his fish more than himself. Late night discussions of the newest theories and equipment a plus. A tank in every room of the house is my kind of interior decorating! Reefing seminars on our anniversary? No problem! Forget the roses - a fish will win my heart! Willing to relocate if you have the funds to fuel our mutual obsession...

<giggle>

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Why not make it short and sweet...

Wanted: Reefer Man/Woman - respond with tank pics. Other MINOR details such as location and such can be worked out later....
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last