[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

no one wants to talk on MR so im reposting here

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    kozyreef - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Michael

Default no one wants to talk on MR so im reposting here

My Tiger Pistol Shirmp loves to play hide and go seek with my coral frags. The most recent casualty was my 5 eyed tyree alien eye frag that turned neon green it was a very interesting piece that i have not found any where i even sifted my gravel as best as i could!...Does any one else have any stories or coral bandits

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

I once had a jawfish that made its burrow out of about 15 frag plugs over night. Thankfully I got them all back.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Michael

yes ive caught my shrimp also stealing my hollywoodstunner frags im pretty sure my watchman goby is an accomplice.

BeakerBob - Reefkeeper
    RIP

Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

My Dusky Jawfish (R.I.P.) that I had in my tank for over 5 years was over 6" long. He used to take my frag plugs out of my racks and use them as potted plants around the outside of his hole. He would redecorate every day with new frags and I had to always rescue them. Here is a picture of him when he was young and pulled a frag plug with zoas on it.

picturephp?albumid9&amppictureid594 - no one wants to talk on MR so im reposting here
    BeakerBob - Past MMMC Club President, current Board Member
    imagephp?u1&amptypesigpic&ampdateline1261894023 - no one wants to talk on MR so im reposting here

First Name
    Michael

O wow should i be suspecting my Goby instead of my shrimp? he is 4 inches long.??

BeakerBob - Reefkeeper
    RIP

Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

Gobies typically do not have that type of behavior, but the pistol certainly will plow under and frags within 4" of their hole.....and they dig new holes all the time.
    BeakerBob - Past MMMC Club President, current Board Member
    imagephp?u1&amptypesigpic&ampdateline1261894023 - no one wants to talk on MR so im reposting here

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

My goby/pistol pair live under an Alternative Reefs frag rock and over time the entire rock and frags gets buried. Recently lost a nice frag of lunar eclipse palys due to being buried too long.

Nice pic bob...that fish almost doesn't look evil in that shot.

ReeferMike - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

never found the culprit but anything that wasnt glued down seemed to get knocked over... think i had about 3 tubes worth of superglue in my old tank lol.

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

nice jawfish pic. i have one hermit who decided he was going to be an alpha male and move into the largest shell he could find. i should have took pics then because now it looks like it fits him and was his all along. the tiny crab hauled around this shell that was at least 4 sizes bigger than the last one,lol. not a thin little snail shell either. it was one that used to house an electric blue knuckle crab. real thick with knobs all over it.

anyways, i just had to move him because i got sick of putting frags back in place. 1 or 2 wasnt terrible but the other night it was like 6 of them.
    Last edited by cg5071; 07-15-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have had experiences with jawfish (bluespots) that bury anything on the bottom of the tank! That is why I dont have one now
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last