[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Run away feather duster

Bookmark and Share

Default Run away feather duster

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My featherduster aboandoned his tube last night he was looking around than sometime in the night he just left. I saw him this morning crawling around on the other side of the tank Lol, Is this normal in anyway? Or is just just crazy?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Perfectly normal. They are just worms with cool tails. He'll find a new place he likes and set up shop to grow a new tube. Only thing to be concerned about is that your calcium levels are up over 300 so there is plenty available for him to work from.

We've got one that his whole tube is now covered in green star polyps, it looks really odd, like he needs a shave or something. I'd guess he may off and move it becomes too crowded leaving a peculiar looking patch of GSP's. If so we'll end up with an interesting frag anyhows.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

normally they do not do that. they are very vunerable out of their tube. do you have any inverts in there is so they might run across him and make a meal out of him. I hope is allright I would keep an eye on him
    fulltankshot 1 - Run away feather duster

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No fish and only crabs, Im the guy who my tank just died on me. And once that happend he felt like going for a walk I sapose. Its very off cuz only he and 2-3 crabs survived! But my even bigger concern is that Im shutting down that tank to make room for my 42 gallon that should be running with salt water by the end of the night! So Im unsure on what to do with him because I dont want him to die!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

First Name
    Greg

oh wow I dont know what to tell you. he may have gotten stressed from the die off and abandoned his tube. I was under the impression that they only abandon the tube is stressed or under extreme conditions. I may be incorrect in this. you do not want to put him in the new tank they are strictly filter feeders and not enough food in a new tank to support his feeding.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the help everyone, But the thing wasent so smart and got attacked by the crabs so no he isnt alive anymore cuz he felt like being stubron, O well I've set up my new tank its doing good I put this cycle stuff in it, Its instant bacteria The package says that it is to start the cycle much faster, Than I put in the old filter cartrige just to make the tank cycle faster. So within a few weeks ill have it all set up with fish and the whole works#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

First Name
    Greg

oh man sorry to hear about that. better luck on this go round :D

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I may get another im not to shure, It was kinda funny I knew that it would die once the crabs found it and well within 2 days they found him and I guess he was just a good and expensive meal!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#