[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sea Slug Maintence

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Grue - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Sea Slug Maintence

Hia ALL Think my sea slug is Molting? Anyone ever seen this before?
    Grue
    Don't Turn off the lights! The Grue's will get you!

I've not seen that before. Hopefully, someone with more experience will chime in soon.

Oh, Yes it sheded. Fish were happy to eat the skin as it came off. Nice bright color now. yes Dark green =)
    Grue

The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Any particular benefit you have found from having that guy other than the occasional fish food?

Well, He consumes alot of sand. Pooping out sand that doesn't have alge in it. I gotta say he does a great job arounr the rocks and behind them. I never see detris in the tank. Yes I have moved stuff around and was quite suprised to not see food and crap under the rocks. i know the stars in others in the sand bed help. During my last cycle i was getting nitrigen or something building up on the sand. It was on top of the alge. The lawnmorer would do his best to clean it up but alast it was too much. Got The slug (name is monster so the kid call it) well he moves the sand around enoulf so that nothing gets to grow on the sand. Same time I also introduces a yellow headed sleeper.
    Grue

So is this similar to a like a sand sifting cucumber. When I think of Sea Slug I think Nubibranch and this doesn't look much like a Nubibranch, but more like a Cucumber. I could use the maintenance that you stating this guy provides so I am interested in tracking one down myself. Thanks for any knowledge....

I love my cucumber! He does a great job, going around eating sand & leaving behind super-clean "tic-tac" pellets, lol! His name is "Poop Muncher"...

CR Member

Our sea slug is called Poopdeck. LOL He does a fantastic job too. I wonder how long they live?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

I have no idea how long they live. For a while I kept ALL of the receipts from my LFS purchases, but recently I had a fit of sorts - threw out all kinds of stuff; otherwise, I could've at least offered how long I've had mine. :P

Anyway, here's a pic I pulled out of the BUNCHES of photos I've taken & not had time to crop and post...

I am looking to add one or two of these guys but the LFSs have not been able to assist, w/out special order, which means I can just order myself and save some $ by cutting them out.

What is a decent price? I have scene nothing below $20 each before shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last