[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Maxi Mini Question

Bookmark and Share
    WoodShack - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

Default Maxi Mini Question

I added 2 Maxi Minis to my tank today. One came attached to a rock already and I placed him on the sandbed leaning up against my rock structure. He has unshriveled a little bit but only to about 25% of the size he was in the store.

The other was attached to an empty snail shell. I buried the snail shell in the sand underneath my rockwork. This one has not opened up or unshrivled at all. His mouth is normal and colors are fine but is only about an inch in diameter and thick (it was 4-5" in the store).

Neither have moved at all from where I put them. I doubt its a water issue as I have a big healthy 1.5 year old GBTA in the tank.

Do they normally take a while to open up? they've been in the tank for 6+ hours.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

So they just haven't expanded?

How much water flow are they in? I'd only give them moderate to low flow to start. A day or two to get happy is probably normal.

One of mine, walked off the rock the first night and under a rock...where it still is today nearly a month later. But it does peak its head out when the main lights are on.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Just give her some time to acclimate to your tank should be fine today or at the latest tomorrow

WoodShack - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tom

They both were opened about 60% this morning before the lights came on. After the lights came on, one tucked back into the rockwork and the other got a little smaller and let its bottom half get covered in sand.

I might have to move the one up into the rockwork so he doesn't get buried, especially since I only have my vortechs at about half of what they normally are right now.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Stop and do nothing let nature have a chance give it time, and while your waiting go pick up some patience at cvs