[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Spaghetti worms

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    CR Member

graphixx now are you talking spaghetti or bristle worms. spaghetti worms are pretty small and would not think they would stir up sand, they actually build a little sand shell around them and usually stay in one place. but if it is spaghetti worms then a copperband is good so is a 6 line wrasse.
    LOL jojo... look lower in the picture I think he's talking about the pink worms at the bottom of his pic. If that's what Crawdad's talking about then it's my guess that those are bristle worms and Yes... it looks like you have too many of them. Graphix was right except I think he meant to say that if they are bristleworms the copperband (or longnose) butterfly would make short work of them.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

lol... too many, heck thats just one little spot, they are like that all through my rock . The bigger ones get up in my live rock. I have acouple that are 3-4 inches long.Also I have abunch of , what look to be baby star serpants. They are the same size as the little worms and plentiful too living in the rock. I do think these little suckers are helping out by eating the extra brine shrimp that fall to the bottom while Im feeding my corals.Stuffing suncorals every other day with brine shrimp make them big and beautiful.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Try mysis shrimp they are better for your corals!!!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

yup those are bristle worms... i have a ton of them also... i personally like the little guys. they keep the sand stired up and the little ones get into smallers places. the big ones are kind of freaky though, be careful that you don't get a hold of one accidently they are a pain
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

I'll take any bristles anyone doesn't want. I need more in the nano!!!

sorry i meant mysis shrimp

COOL they are so much better for your corals/fish!!!

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

i haven't seen a brietle worm in my tank in a while....I was told in the past that i wanted them out of the tanki even bought a trap to catch them and get rid of them....and i think the spaghetti worms are neat as the reach out and collect food was watching one last night....
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

Purewater - Reefkeeper Registered User

Ihave a sand dollar and a hedge hog urchin that eat em up,yum

dberrong - Reefkeeper CR Member

I noticed the same critters about a month ago in my tank and didn't know what they were. You have WAY more of them than I do. I see a few moving under my crushed base from time to time. So what is the consensus here? Are they good, are they bad? Do they cause any harm to anything?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Darren
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right." (Henry Ford)

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2