[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Starfish

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

2853271150060719313EHdjLt th - Starfish

This big guy was a hitchhiker!! That's the big leather behind him,I'm not even sure when he first appeared in the tank! BUT as you can see he is fat and sassy! For a critter without a brain they sure can move when it's feeding time!! lol
    You might want to wait a bit longer before you add one though.. most are sand sifters and need a mature tank to do well even if they are fed.
    Good luck!
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

CR Member

brittle stars are good
    240 gal reef ready w/50 gal sump/fuge,130 lbs of live rock,96 pc 10k,96 pc actinic 03, 190 no actinic 65k/03, 3 175 mh 10k (2) 14k

ramoth... i have a little one in my tank he was a hitchiker.. it really dont come out of the lr that i got at my lfs..... but its cool to see him come out just a little =)

chris

wait one day he will be huge and you'll be wondering what happened to my cute little starfish!! lol This one is so big and fat and moves so fast! My daughter says he freeks her out! lol
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

reef123 - Reefkeeper Registered User

thank's, i won't be getting for a while, i want to just be able to keep what i have right now alive

w7afm - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Chocolate Chip Starfish

Quote Originally Posted by reef123 View Post
    how are chocolate chip starfish?
    I really don't thing that Chocolate is for the beginner, they are really for the more advanced. They are one of the harder stars to keep alive for long.

Bob
    Snipers......Reach out and touch the ones they want to........[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

buzzard - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have a small Red seastar (Fromia milleporella) that does a good job cleaning up the tank(rocks, sand, glass...)
    I also have a big orange seastar that is going back where he came from, He's the laziest thing in the tank, Takes him about 3 weeks to move from one end of the tank to the other.LOL
    I should name it after my oldest daughter.LOL

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

try a sandsifting starfish they hide alot till its dinner time they are pretty cool the linka stars are sharp looking they come in alot of different colors..good luck
    George
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

CR Member

Don't get any starfish until your tank is very well established. It is truly horrifying to watch one slowly die of starvation. They can't hang on to rock or glass they slowly sort of "melt" from the middle out. It looks painful and is truly a sad sad sight. Please don't get a starfish until your tank has lots of algae and pods and over 100 lb established live rock.

They do sell serpent starfishes as part of a cleanup crew so if you really want one the serpent is your best bet. We were shipped 2 serpents for our cleanup crew and after a few months they have started showing up for meal time and they are really fun to watch. You can hand feed them (sort of) just put a chunk of food touching one of it's legs and watch it move the food toward it's mouth.

Choose wisely :-)
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

serpants are pretty hard to kill, i agree it is hard to watch starfish starve to death, but serpants will come out at feeding time (really fast movers) and you can get some sinking pellets just for them and they will gobble it up, but they will help themselves on left over food also.
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last