[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Stupid places our nems go.

Bookmark and Share
    Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Default Stupid places our nems go.

So after many conversations with many of my favorite reefers I thought it would be a somewhat entertaining thread. I can start us off. The last day or so my green bubble tip anemone decided to go onto the back glass. It has climbed up and back down and back up and is now as the picture shows on the top of the bottom powerhead. Lol some times I wonder why they move mine has been in the same place real high up in my tank. Maybe it is getting too much light? There is also a pretty large urchin that has been creeping up on it's territory. Anyhew it is looking pretty healthy so I am not gonna worry to much. So let's see some pictures and hear some story's of the stupid places your nems have gone.
    Heidi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

well I dont have a picture but my rose bubble tip went missing for a few days, one day I was emptying my collection cup for the skimmer and noticed a little shriveled up booger looking thing...turns out it was my missing rose nem that made its way over my overflow and down the drain pipe. cant seem to understand how the sump is any better then the display
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I think a lot of times if one moves after being stationary for awhile...assuming nothing else has changed (like you moved a powerhead), it is because it is looking for more food...trying to find a position that it can catch more food. So keeping them fed well help keep them in one spot.

I would manually remove the one you have pictured and find it another potential spot. IME it will eventually find its way into that powerhead. They tend to move toward the direction of flow...which right there is the intake of the powerhead.

steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

+1 move from powerhead I've been luck our gbta both stayed where I wanted em even when we moved tank last year they were well behaved n fed well.

Big Steve