[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What do you have?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default What do you have?

Are you keeping a clam under t5ho's or higher? What type of clam are you keeping?
    Last edited by MizTanks; 09-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Im keeping Maximas Croceas and Derasa under 6 T5 bulbs. Ati bulbs for color and par!
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

WillBattle - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Will
    Awards Photo of the Month

I'm keeping my Crocea attached up a piece of LR in my DSB , tank is 20" tall. A 36" 4 bulb T5 HO fixture with ATI bulbs and led moon lights. Plus a 36" Aquatic Light expandable LED Light fixture

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

One T. Squamosa and one T. derasa in a 50 breeder.

My past lighting scheme was 3x39watt T5HO bulbs. They were kept under these conditions for 5+ years and have grown from only a few inch specimens to at least 10 inches each.

Recently I switched the lighting up and for the last couple of weeks have had them under only 2 54 watt T5HO bulbs slightly overdriven with and IceCap 430. This is a short-term lighting scheme as I plan to build a DIY LED to accompany the T5s.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Well my Tridacna Crocae seems to have settled down. I've got her placed 8" from the surface, about 11" from the lights. 4x24w t5ho. She looks pretty happy right? Would love to see others pics!!!

IMG 1221 - What do you have?

iyachtuxivm - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jamie

Here is my crocea under T5s. 4 bulbs overdriven by a 660 been under T5 since I got it 3.5years ago.
    DSCF3910 - What do you have?
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    Likes MizTanks liked this post

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

keep her under 4x54w t5hos for ever did great but looks a ton happier under 2x250MH 1/20k 1/14k and 4x54w t5ho 3ati blue + 1 ge 6500k
    salmon inland T. derasa
    DSC02723 - What do you have?
    DSC02722 - What do you have?
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    keep her under 4x54w t5hos for ever did great but looks a ton happier under 2x250MH 1/20k 1/14k and 4x54w t5ho 3ati blue + 1 ge 6500k
    salmon inland T. derasa
    DSC02723 - What do you have?
    DSC02722 - What do you have?

WOW! Is that the same clam?

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Another question Do you have any flow on your clam at all? Even just a little, maybe enough to move the mantel slightly?

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

yes same clam one is a top view other is a right on view and there's tons of flow that goes over none is direct flow it all bounces off the glass first. i found that my clam will move to where it likes
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2