[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What happens when it grows up?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

Default What happens when it grows up?

I was looking at my 12G today and I found my little snail. I noticed a while ago that the snail had a little feather duster on it, I thought thats cool, and not much else. Well the duster has about 4Xed in size and the snail hasn't grown any. So what happens when it grows up?
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Looks like the duster is pretty doggone happy right where he is! I would imagine that he would grow to his full potential, gaining nutrients as he rides along with the snail!

First Name
    Manda Wolf

i was worried that he would get to big and kill the snail because the snail couldn't get away from him
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

I don't know for certain, but I would guess that he souldn't get so massive that the snail couldn't handle the company.

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

I think it should be fine.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

If I had to pick... I would take the feather duster and the snail would have to bear the weight until his final days. JK
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

look at it this way he's definately getting to where the food is instead of him waiting in one place to get the food.....

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

This pic strikes an amazeing resembalince to the first pic in one of the nano threads!!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

if you were truly worried about it. I would take the snail out of the tank and chisel the little duster off the shell and place him somewhere in the rockwork whre he would stay and grow. that is kinda cool
    fulltankshot 1 - What happens when it grows up?

First Name
    Manda Wolf

i may if i notice the duster getting any biggger.

i am worried about both, if the duster gets to big i don't want him to kill the snail, but if the snail crawls over somthing a knocks him off then the duster may die. i will keep him on there as long as i can it is really cool looking to see
    ~Amanda~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last