[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Urchin - spawning

Bookmark and Share
    thefishgirl - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Becky

Default Urchin - spawning

I grabbed this video a few weeks back of one of my urchins spawning in my 180g. This occurred mid-September, about 4 days after a 50% water change. I'd not caught him in the act before. But what was really interesting was another urchin caught my eye. I didn't even know I had that one in the tank. LOL It was hidden, but looked like a small pencil urchin.

...pay no attention to the bleached coral skelly. LOL Still had a few nubs of life on it. Wanted to see if it was worth my while before I fragged off the live parts.

There is no snappy music, just the camera creaking noises on this one.

[ame="http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/becky1366/Urchin/?action=view&current=000_0024.flv"]Urchin :: 000_0024.flv video by becky1366 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid477.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/becky1366/Urchin/000_0024.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid477@@AMEPARAM@@477@@AME PARAM@@rr140/becky1366/Urchin/000_0024[/ame]

speedstar - Reefkeeper CR Member

nice vid, always cool to catch out of ordinary stuff esp on tape. Did it mess up your parameters at all?

First Name
    Becky

Not that I've noticed. This tank has been on the iffy side sent we lost power for five days. After the water change, everything is actually shaping back up. Some of my bleached-out corals are starting to get their color back.

The Rugger - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Nice catch. There is always something new to see.

I am really interested in that pink glowing fish that kept swimming by!

First Name
    Becky

YES.. that is the highly sought after Glowing Harlot Fish. When their red light is on...well you know.