[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

xanthidae culprit

Bookmark and Share
    christo829 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Christopher

Default xanthidae culprit

Well, after doing some research here on various threads regarding problem crabs, i discovered i have TWO members of the xanthidae family tearing my polyps up and eating my smaller fish friends...my question is:
    what do i do with the little thugs once i catch em' ? Feel bad chucking them out...any suggestions???

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'd chuck em, but that's me

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Unless you got a sump, I'd chuck em. I had to chuck mine.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Catch them without some food and put them on your sump. Or give them away or a local fish store credit.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

First Name
    Christopher

Thanks for the replies...i guess the sump is gonna be their new home! The one is a GIANT! Happy new year to all!

First Name
    Christopher

Alright! Well, i rigged a trap for the monster crab...i took some food wrapped in mesh and set it in the bottom of a glass and set it right by the little suckers den (which was under a piece of live rock)...literally ten minutes after my lights turned off, i checked my tank, and there he was in the bottom of the glass. Did not have the heart to chuck em'
    so he now resides in my sump. Now for the little emerald...

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Glad you caught him, and glad you saved him. Remember, no matter what the "pest", there is always someone out there looking to give it a home. Ten reefers' pests are an eleventh man's Battle Tank!