[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tubbs Blue Zoanthids PIF

Bookmark and Share
Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5
    greenstarfish03 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Glad to see this PIF still going.

Its few and far between that actually work.
    I wouldn't consider this one actualy functional, but it is still going kinda
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

First Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Buff View Post
    Did you use anything to treat the cyano? Just wondering I am kind of in the same boat and dont want to lose what I have

Has anyone used ultra life red slime treatment? And what were your results?

Tropical Buff,

I have went round and round w/ Cyano over the years and it can be a pain. The correct answer to solving this is to fix the underlying problem ie. lights, nutrients, etc. I'm sure you have heard them. If not let me know an I can give you the details.

If the issue is bad to the point where you risk loosing corals and you can't seem to get it under control using the normaly suggested methods I would use Boyd's Chemiclean and not red slime remover. I used red slime remover many years ago and it knocked out the cyano but also knocked out the good bacteria allowing other types of algae o go wild. It finaly ended w/ me tearing down th whole tank and bleaching it and starting over. I can't garantee the Boyds stuff won't cause issues b/c afterall adding any kind of chemical to a reef is risky, but it has worked well for me in the past. It actualy leaves my water crystal clear. I need to do some research to see how this stuff actualy works b/c its not supposed to be an antibiotic like red slime remover.

If your problem is minor do some water changes and turn off your lights, cover the tank so its in total darkness for 2-3 days and see if that helps. That works pretty well unless the problem is real bad.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Glad to see this PIF still going.

Its few and far between that actually work.
    If someone actualy swings by and picks this up then it will be functional agian

CR Member
    First Name
    John

I'd be interested, if they are still available. Gpw isnymt too far away. I think this pif idea is kind of fun

[/COLOR]

If someone actualy swings by and picks this up then it will be functional agian[/QUOTE]

First Name
    Joe

I have plenty I could frag some off for you, but I'm in Grand Blanc not GPW. That may make me a little further for you

CR Member
    First Name
    John

I'm not sure how I got GPW from. :-). I was just up in North Branch a few days ago...wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I'll post in this thread again next time I'm heading up that way.
    Thanks for responding.

First Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by johnco1972 View Post
    I'm not sure how I got GPW from. :-). I was just up in North Branch a few days ago...wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I'll post in this thread again next time I'm heading up that way.
    Thanks for responding.
    LOL no problem. I'm right off of 75 about 25 minutes north of Great Lakes Crossing. Whenever you happen to head up just let me know.

CR Member
    First Name
    John

I'm up in ortonville about once a week. I'll pm you if I head there this weekend

First Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by johnco1972 View Post
    I'm up in ortonville about once a week. I'll pm you if I head there this weekend
    In that case let me know when you swing up. I'm going up north Saturday after my daughters soccer game but Im sure we can agre on a day eventualy.

First Name
    Joe

Ok I fraged this so I have a frag avaialble again.

CR Member
    First Name
    amanda

is this still going id like to do this as well

Page 5 of 5 First ... 3 4 5