[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Canon Power Shot Help please.

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Canon Power Shot Help please.

I bought a new camera. From experience with my last camera I one again bought a Canon Powershot. It is the SX130IS. 12x zoom, 12.1 mega pixles.

There are 3 setting that will allow me to choose macro. Manual, Aperture Priority and Program. However I'm not quit sure how to use this. Whenever I try it seems I can't get close enough to take a macro shot. No matter how I focus. If I'm standing 2' away and use zoom it doesn't work. If I'm close up, say 3" with no zoom it still doesn't work.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

nate_newton - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Nate

Hey Jamie, if you haven't checked the manual it talks about changing to macro on page 69. Try it in Program, that sets the aperture and shutter.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by nate_newton View Post
    Hey Jamie, if you haven't checked the manual it talks about changing to macro on page 69. Try it in Program, that sets the aperture and shutter.
    Thanks Nate! I just have a hard time understanding the book.

First Name
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Thanks Nate! I just have a hard time understanding the book.
    The manuals are confusing at times. So you got it figured out?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by nate_newton View Post
    The manuals are confusing at times. So you got it figured out?
    No My sis has this horrible habit of putting or throwing things away~I can't find my book~I'm looking online to see if I can find a users manual. darn it and I just bought the camera~man she's quick. Thanks though

First Name
    Nate

No My sis has this horrible habit of putting or throwing things away~I can't find my book~I'm looking online to see if I can find a users manual. darn it and I just bought the camera~man she's quick. Thanks though
    It's online, I actually linked to it for you. Here it is again, from the Canon website. http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/030000..._CUG_EN_03.pdf

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Nate you are a life saver! Thank you so much-do/did you have the same camera?

This may sound funny but this new camera was part of my tank upgrade-lol-can't have a new setup without being able to take pics
    Last edited by MizTanks; 02-13-2011 at 11:51 PM.

First Name
    Nate

Nate you are a life saver! Thank you so much-do/did you have the same camera?

This may sound funny but this new camera was part of my tank upgrade-lol-can't have a new setup without being able to take pics
    You're welcome. I have the Canon 40D but have been a Canon user for 13 years so with a manual and specs I can problem solve about anything. That's a pretty good reason for a camera. You have to be able to show it off.