[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Full Tank shot, as requested by reptoreef

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    bjpembo - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Full Tank shot, as requested by reptoreef

I just reaquascaped a few days ago, a couple of corals are still a little unhappy.
    BJ

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Looking great BJ!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

pictures a little fuzzy, i saved it as a jpeg after i edited it, and then i saved it again, it lost some detail in the compression but you can still get the overall idea. havent had any real problems out of it, just wish i had more coraline growth. i've been increasing the output from ca reactor and pulling the halimedia out of my fuge and thats helping some, im slowly starting to see more spots on the glass but no where near what i want.
    BJ

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

looks real good! How old is your tank?
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Yo, that brain is looking incredible... I can see the growth, but it doesn't look as full as usual. Is he a bit unhappy with the scaping???
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nice Tank. Looks very clean. Is that the brain mid-right? Thing looks like the size of a basket ball!!!

this tank i began cycling in jan. of 04 and just as the cycle ended i tore the tank down and moved it 300 miles. Early March of 04 is when i moved. as for the brain, yea he's still not pleased. im really not either, i have the rocks like i want but i have a finger leather thats in the way and its grown to the rock so i cant put the brain down where i want it. that leather may find itself uprooted soon.
    BJ

yep, the basketball is the brain! lol
    BJ

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Great shot..nice tank BJ...

Is that coraline growing in the overflow? If so, I'll bet that it is your lighting that is stunting the growth in the display. It is a lil' darker in the overflow and it seems that the coraline likes it better there.

It will grow in brightly lit tanks, but may require two or three color specific algas to bloom before you get good coverage. My tank was deep purple for a long time with my original lighting. When I put in the 2 175's and vho, the purple bleached, only to be followed by a bloom of both green and crimson red coraline. The purple is coming back and it all now looks marbled.

I don't have to tell you, a seasoned pro.....patience ..in all due time.

Again, schweet rig!

Dave
    ><((((

yes that is coraline in the overflow and it does seem to grow there more. but i have noticed the spots coming in on the back glass a bit more. im sure my lights have some effect on it right now but before i changed from my pc's i had even less than i do now. whats in the overflow has grown since the change. i think its my ca levels because i've had problems keeping my reactor dialed in. it has a needle valve for the effluent to run out through and you connect a peice of ro tubing to it and adjust for a drip, well when i get my drip adjusted and walk away, it stops on me, and i have to open the valve a bit more to get the drip back. then it'll eventually stop again, its almost a daily thing. anyone know if theres any other type of valve to replace that thing with?
    BJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last