[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Updates of my fish

Bookmark and Share
    Captain - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Default Updates of my fish

My 180 is doing well, I started the tank a few years ago with a specific list, and it took alot of patience to stick to the plan.
    Thanks to tropicorium, I got the last fish on my list, a queen angel.
    Here is the list of fish, not gonna guess sizes because im very bad at that, but the queen is the largest. The rest of the fish have been in the tank for some time now.
    Queen angel
    Indo Tusk
    Blue hippo
    Orange dot rabbitfish
    Zebra moray
    volitan lion
    Maroon clown female
    I am going to do a member tank thread when the water clears up, the fish made it a bit cloudy greeting the queen to the tank, but everyone has settled down fine already. The queen even has a little hook on her tail, so it could turn out to be a streamer!
    IMG 6066 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6047 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6057 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6086 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6071 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6083 - Updates of my fish
    IMG 6069 - Updates of my fish
    Also picked up this cool little mantis at the trop, Hes got his own tank. This was him acclimating yesterday.
    IMG 6014 - Updates of my fish

Thanks for looking. Thanks again to all the guys at the tropicorium. I wish i lived a bit closer :D

Sam

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Awesome stuff Captain. Really like the fish, I've been thinking an eel would be pretty sweet in a reef tank. Which ones are reef safe and you would recommend for a 60 cube?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Captain - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

The 3 best eels for the reef in no particular order:
    Zebra
    snowflake
    chain link

They are all good choices. Zebras are a bit clumsy and large though, so i would still keep one out of a reef with corals that fall over. Cant go wrong with the snowflake. Moderate size and tends to poke its head out towards the front of the tank. The chain links are small and very pretty, but I hear they can be really, really shy. I say go with the snowflake for a 60. If you cant stand to keep something that is common, the chain link is an option.