[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Picture after the disaster

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default Picture after the disaster

Well here is my first picture of my anemone in the new tank.

Quick back story if you don't know what happen.
    I went away for an overnight visit at the in-laws. When I came home the AC was broke, my house temp was over 90, my light timer broke so my lights had been on almost 24 hours and the water temp near 100.

My 2 large cleaner shrimp died, hit the powerheads and got scattered across the tank. This caused a massive bacterial bloom in my tank and my nitrates went above 100!!!

I lost almost all my corals, but a few hung in there, my anemones pulled through, and my fish are doing great. With only a couple of corals left, my fish, and my anemones I figured now was the time to jump from a 55G to a 125G so I did it.

Here is the picture. Now keep in mind this is a ROSE BTA, but because of the temp/nitrate spike it had a strange effect to it so now it looks like this!

100 1639 - Picture after the disaster

It is ALOT pinker than that, but it doesn't show up very well. It is a hot pink/clear/white under my normal lights, but under just actinics it turns bright blue/hot pink.
    The nice thing to know is that if I screw this up, I know what is for dinner.

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

sorry to hear about what happened, but at least you are getting a bigger tank, and your BTA looks amazing
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Hi Sticky! I know just how you feel about losing EVERYTHING that you cared about in your tank. I go back and look at the pictures, and honestly I'm not ready to start another big one just yet. I feel like I failed all of them, and it just eats at my gutt!! Just for fun, I colored her back up for you...it's probably not even close! :o The blue picture is awesome though. Wouldn't it be cool to get an anemone that looks just like your picture? I can never seem to get enough blue in our tank. Bummer. Nice photography!! ....Angel :angel1:

Quote Originally Posted by sticky
    Well here is my first picture of my anemone in the new tank.

Quick back story if you don't know what happen.
    I went away for an overnight visit at the in-laws. When I came home the AC was broke, my house temp was over 90, my light timer broke so my lights had been on almost 24 hours and the water temp near 100.

My 2 large cleaner shrimp died, hit the powerheads and got scattered across the tank. This caused a massive bacterial bloom in my tank and my nitrates went above 100!!!

I lost almost all my corals, but a few hung in there, my anemones pulled through, and my fish are doing great. With only a couple of corals left, my fish, and my anemones I figured now was the time to jump from a 55G to a 125G so I did it.

Here is the picture. Now keep in mind this is a ROSE BTA, but because of the temp/nitrate spike it had a strange effect to it so now it looks like this!

100 1639 - Picture after the disaster

It is ALOT pinker than that, but it doesn't show up very well. It is a hot pink/clear/white under my normal lights, but under just actinics it turns bright blue/hot pink.
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

CR Member

I actually like the color since I have never seen an anemone like them(I have 2 that look alike, one just has more bubbles).
    Wouldn't it be cool to get an anemone that looks just like your picture?
    The picture looks almost like them accept they have more pink that have a glowing effect. I didn't edit the picture in any way they look just like it :D

I am buying a new rose to put into the tank this weekend, and although the color may return, if it doesn't I won't be upset since I feel like even after the tank crash I have something unique in my tank now that no one has.
    The nice thing to know is that if I screw this up, I know what is for dinner.