[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sometimes you just get lucky and get a good picture...

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Sometimes you just get lucky and get a good picture...

I took a whole slew of pictures of fish in my tank at work today and this one ended up being one of the best fish pictures I've ever taken...

chromie - Sometimes you just get lucky and get a good picture...
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

Here's another one that turned out pretty cool...

sunrise1 - Sometimes you just get lucky and get a good picture...

RHAPALA - Reefkeeper Registered User
    NORTH EAST PA. YES MY TOWN IS REALLY CALLED NORTH EAST

THOSE ARE NICE

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

wow! all i get out of my fish are little blurs of color.

those are really nice
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Perpetual what type of camera you using?
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

DAYUM!!! Those are incredible pics, Eric!!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Perpetual what type of camera you using?
    It's my Canon 20D with the Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro lens on it.

Quote Originally Posted by perpetual98 View Post
    It's my Canon 20D with the Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro lens on it.
    What do you think of the Canon Rebel? The 8mp? My bro works at Best Buy and can get it for me at a pretty good price.

Those are nice cameras too. Not a heck of a lot of technical differences between the XTi and the 30D nowadays. I think the Rebel has a plastic body and is a bit smaller in the hand.

Here's a quote from a forum that I dug up. Basically, the 400D (the new XTi) is a great camera. I just lacks a few of the pro features that the 30D (or 20D for that matter) has...

I do feel the 30D is a superior camera despite the 400D having more megapixels.

The truth is that there is not a huge difference between 8.2 and 10.1 megapixels. Much more importantly both have very good low noise levels at high ISO settings, both have very good (top of the class!) autofocus, etc.

The 30D basically shares the 20D's autofocus with a few minor improvements, and the 400D gets that from the 30D.

However from what I've seen since owning one, 30D's body is superior (handling, durability and grip for most people), viewfinder brighter & larger, supports a few more features (faster burst rate, 3200 ISO and spot metering).

So I would not go on megapixels alone. In fact that is one of the LEAST important features of a camera to me.

For me, the 400D is an attractive entry level DSLR camera because of the bigger screen and the dust-removal system. (however I've never had a big problem with dust!) but I also like having 3200 ISO and that wonderful wheel on the back, which only the 30D has. I also hate the smaller look DSLRs.

It would be nice if the 30D had the 10mp but canon couldn't do it without increasing noise or affecting buffer depth and shot speed, and 8->10 is more of a marketing feature than a true step up in resolution.

They judged that 30D users would rather have a deeper buffer, 5fps and high-ISO performance than a few extra pixels.

so you have to way up what your needs are and they are both great cameras

Sounds good cause my birthday is coming up and Im really interested in getting one of the Rebel Series, unless you can recommend otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last