[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What makes a great pic?

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Here's a quick blurb about [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh"]BOKEH[/ame]
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

And another one about [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field"]Depth of Field[/ame]
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

good reading Eric, now if i could just get my fish to stay still or even pose !!

Quote Originally Posted by Reef_Angel
    ...and as for what makes a good photo.....My Grand Daughter Jorden!
    She is precious - the perfect subject! :angel1:

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

cute granddaughter angel
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks for the comments on my grand daughter! She is a fun one to photograph. My question: Is this a good example of D.O.F.? It appears to be. She's the focal point, and the rest is just out there. It doesn't have the appearance of the water being side by side with her. So I think that DOF applies here. Am I correct?
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Angel..
    Love the pic! she's gonna give heck when she is older! heheh
    As for the D.O.F. per davejz..if the subject is in focus and backround is blurred then that is good example of LACK of D.OF. (lookie I learnt sumthin!)
    And how can ya not love kids and puppies!! Tracy that is a GREAT picture!! Looks professional!
    I think one of my fav non reef pictures is this one......
    mom n dad love me copy - What makes a great pic?

then through the wonders of photoshop I did this to it..averypencil - What makes a great pic?
    I did this to a few others too turned out really cool I had the 2nd one made into an 8x10 and gave it to my daughter
    like this one the kids shot of me...
    nappingwithgranny - What makes a great pic?
    in to this..
    nappingwithgrannycopy2 - What makes a great pic?
    and then this...
    pencilnapping - What makes a great pic?
    I LOVE photoshop!! lol
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Oh and this one at the Ripley Aquarium of the Smokeis in TN.. Thats Ron in front of the BIG HUGE FREEKIN' AWSOME fish only tank... there are 3 window this big! down side to the place.. only 1 coral tank! Go Figure? I call this "Mommy can I have it?"
    mommypleasecanihaveit - What makes a great pic?
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Photoshop to me is the god of all graphic design. You know, when you make the photo look like it was sketched like that, try your hand at repainting the actual photo yourself to look like the original. It's like getting some basic instruction on how to paint pictures as you already have the line created for you. Try it, it's fun. ....Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Here's a couple pics that i like.The Blasto pic is another example of lack of DOF.The next pic is an example of decent DOF(not a real good example though,hopefully someone will post a better example of good DOF).I rarely get to take "scenery" shots and when i do,they're usually not too good.This one was taken from my boat on a saltwater flat.
    BTW,just beyond those trees in the background is the Atlantic Ocean.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last