[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Magi Klean

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

I used the Magi-Clean a few times and love the stuff. It cleans frag racks, pumps, and other gear ultra clean for me with minimal effort. I'll even use a batch over several days, soaking one pump or device at a time. I haven't had the same luck with vinegar.... but maybe I am dilutinit with too much water.
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by pjr View Post
    I used the Magi-Clean a few times and love the stuff. It cleans frag racks, pumps, and other gear ultra clean for me with minimal effort. I'll even use a batch over several days, soaking one pump or device at a time. I haven't had the same luck with vinegar.... but maybe I am dilutinit with too much water.

For the price of 1 box (3pks) of magi-klean I can buy 4-5gallons of vinegar Which enables me to NOT dilute it at all. That's right, I use no water at all and within minutes the coralline and calcium deposits just disappear. No soaking required
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

I have also used Magi-clean and was not impressed. It works but no better than vinegar IMO.

tcp316 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Vicki

When you heat the cup of vinegar, do you just add it to a bucket of RO? What percentage of water to vinegar do you use? I usually soak overnight but it would be great if I could take out both PH's and get them clean in a less than an hour.
    I am already planning on cleaning them tomorrow. Was going to do it today but hubby was home today down in his back and I didn't want to disturb him.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Miz Tanks, i just saw where you don't dilute it at all.
    I will definitely try that tomorrow.
    I love this site. Just a wealth of tidbits and information.

Always learning, loving this hobby.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Magi Klean

Quote Originally Posted by tcp316 View Post
    When you heat the cup of vinegar, do you just add it to a bucket of RO? What percentage of water to vinegar do you use? I usually soak overnight but it would be great if I could take out both PH's and get them clean in a less than an hour.
    I am already planning on cleaning them tomorrow. Was going to do it today but hubby was home today down in his back and I didn't want to disturb him.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Miz Tanks, i just saw where you don't dilute it at all.
    I will definitely try that tomorrow.
    I love this site. Just a wealth of tidbits and information.
    I just use an old Tupperware container-add enough White Distilled Vinegar to cover PH-toss in microwave for 2min (gotta be hot) then add PH-within minutes they're clean. I have an ole nail brush/hand brush and give them a once over. Rinse well and done!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

I have purchased some vinegar today, and hope to use it to clean out a storage container that has some lime deposits on it. So, how much water do you add to vinegar? And how well does something have to be rinsed off before returning it to your tank? Do you need to neutralize the vinegar via any process once the cleaning is complete?
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Tags for this Review