[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Nuagli?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Nuagli?

Has anyone here ever used this product?
    Nualgi Aquarium - A Clean Tank is a Beautiful Tank
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

I had some sent free to try but did not use it sorry couldn't help just don't like adding stuff that came in a white container with no information on it

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Haha-I hear ya but......all exact directions are posted on their web sight Should check it out. However if you are NOT having a nuisance algae issue I wouldn't use it.

CR Member
    First Name
    Doug

I haven't tried it but would be interested in knowing how it works if you try it, I may try it also......

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

It seems curious to me that you would consider using this, but didn't want to use myacin to deal with cyano (from issues with your former tank...myacin won't help with algae problems). I have no problem with deciding not to use myacin. But at least with that you know what you are getting. Here is a product that doesn't list any ingredients yet you are considering it.

According to their website, the stuff increases growth of diatoms to out-compete algae is interesting. Most reefkeepers are looking to eliminate diatoms as they are considered a nuisance.

Remember, good things usually don't happen fast in a reef tank.

Do you have macro algae in your refugium? That may be a safer bet for dealing with nutrients and trying to out-compete undesirable algae in your display. I've had a couple of mangroves in my tank and they seem to do a good job of keeping most algae in check.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Default Nuagli?

I do recall treating my tank twice with ChemiClean which is basically the same as Myacin. From what I found on the web anyways I had no Myacin available.
    The Nualgi is being gifted to me. However I may not have to use it after all. As my SB seems to have taken a turn for the better, just within the last 48hrs.
    I do have a fuge full of Chaeto.
    Anyways...being a reefer on a very strict budget...I use what's available to me at the time. I'm sure many can relate

CR Member

I used it still have a giant bottle is anyone wants it. The stuff caused a major cyano outbreak. ****ed off a bunch of my zoas and killed my cheato.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

I didn't use it...to scared

ebushrow - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Eric

I got in when they were beta testing....it seems to set off a small diatom bloom and then the nutrients get sucked up...not sure how it works for sure though....no I'll effects from using it though

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

From what I read off of their web sight it is Diatoms