[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Super feeder, 2 thumbs up! Way up!!

Bookmark and Share
    binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Default Super feeder, 2 thumbs up! Way up!!

Well I asked and got one ! Thanks to everyone that suggested this feeder. It is well built and thought out. It has the ability to adjust for food size and the duration of the feeding time. Directions are well written and very easy to follow. I bought mine with their timer and total cost with shipping was 125.00. I hooked it up to my apex instead of useing the timer they sell but the timer is a nice unit and fully programmable for a seven day week. The feeder itself has a built in timer you adjust with a screwdriver,which they provide (surprise,tools included) this adjustment is how you set your feed cycle. The feeder has a built in 15 min delay after the feeding cycle so it will not run endlessly only as long as you set it. I have mine running for 5 seconds and boy does it spit out some chow. They also give you a chute that allows your food to absorb water and sink instead of floating to your overflow. It looks cheap but works excelant! The feeder is made of nice thick pastic and the hopper holds allot of food and the lid fits as it should. Over all a very nice unit and maybee alitte more then others but you get allot more too! I would highly recomend this feeder if someone asked. It will be nice to be able to go away and not have to find someone to feed the fish ! Tx for looking.
    c2d26d0faae2e7bd7d98733aa4acb4bf zps18c514ec - Super feeder, 2 thumbs up! Way up!!

This is the feeder chute installed

6ed40bdf1abfa891321d28f9a31bd28d zps439761e2 - Super feeder, 2 thumbs up! Way up!!
    Last edited by binford4000; 06-18-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    Likes jimsflies, tcp316 liked this post

CR Member

Sounds like a good unit.

How tall is it? I have a low profile canopy and am wondering if the feeder will fit under it.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by HeiHei29er View Post
    Sounds like a good unit.

How tall is it? I have a low profile canopy and am wondering if the feeder will fit under it.
    The feeders is 8 1/4" tall 7 1/4" long and 3 7/8" wide with feed chute included .

CR Member

I have about 4" from tank top to canopy bottom. How tall is it when you take out the feed chute?

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default Super feeder, 2 thumbs up! Way up!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeiHei29er View Post
    I have about 4" from tank top to canopy bottom. How tall is it when you take out the feed chute?
    To tall for that without some alterations. That Shute was the hardest thing to figure out lol. Glad you like it. That is one company that delivers what the say. Mine lasted 5 years and then I had to replace the motor. It was an easy change and they sent me one for 25 bucks.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    To tall for that without some alterations. That Shute was the hardest thing to figure out lol. Glad you like it. That is one company that delivers what the say. Mine lasted 5 years and then I had to replace the motor. It was an easy change and they sent me one for 25 bucks.
    Thanks for the recommendation ! It is a very nice feeder and works much better then the tumble drum types.good to hear they back their product after that many years of use. I only plan to use it when we go away so it should last me a life time ! Lol