[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Any suggestions for the swap?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Any suggestions for the swap?

Looking for some input, ideas ect. that members might have or have been thinking about. Lets bounce some ideas around!

I have been thinking a radio with ocean noise in the background of the swap could be cool......I dont have what it takes to do it, but think it would be cool. Maybe even a TV with planet earth- coral reefs playing??

Any thoughts/ideas out there? Or means of making cool stuff happen at the swap?

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Not sure if you already planned this but name tags really help! I have been to so many swaps where they don't use name tags and it gets really frustrating trying to find people!

This is more for future swaps, but many swaps do incentives to get people on fragswapper. This really increases pre-sales and gets people excited and involved a few weeks before the swap. I know of many reefers that will judge a swap by whats on fragswapper, so if stuff is moving you might draw more people in. You could do a free raffle ticket for every 3 items listed on fragswapper or something along those lines.

First Name
    Chris

^ Hmmm....that might be a good idea!

Corvette Reefer - Reefkeeper CR Member

CHOCOLATE FOUNTIAN!!!!!!!

And maybe some like type of fishy music in the back ground like some type of techno that makes you think of oceans??? (I could help with that) And laser/strobe lights!!!

I'll think of some other things that are very cool to get people!
    The names Vette, Corvette. . .

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Jager luge!

Seriously I like rosebuds idea..free raffle ticket for each post listing something HERE for sale!
    Oooh, now Im rolling! Free raffle ticket to anyone wearing a bikini, scuba gear or hawaii shirt!
    Have a 5 gallon bucket lifting contest. Who ever can hold it straight armed out in front or to the side wins a prize.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

i like the bikini idea

CR Member

Fragswapper is awesome! Takes a minute to get used to but after that it does all the work for you. Also eliminates the what are you bringing threads on multiple sites which makes it tough to keep track. I've never hear of using incentives but all presales are done there...think All-Ohio Swaps - sometimes 20 pages of NOTHING but listings.

Another idea would be a diagram of the layout where people who have table could write their name...that way if you're looking for someone you know where to head. Only 1 swap has done this, but man did it help!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

We'll have a table layout diagram showing where everyone is at. It will be posted a few days before the swap.

First Name
    Chris

Rob- all great ideas! Sound like fun!

Jordan (aka corvettereefer) the chocolate fountain sound great.....but palytoxin/coral bacteria, wet hands and community style liquid chocolate dipped fruit dont mix! Make a cd, and we will see what ya come up with. Find somthing calm and relazing, or maybe a beach recording with waves and seagulls or bubbles bubbling or somthing along those lines. mix it up a bit, and we can see what ya come up with. Maybe some regea tunes added in the mix. No laser lights....unless they are LED and built to go on a frag tank, lol!

rosebud and wiemers- I tried to incorporate fragswapper last year, but just couldnt figure it out. Jim has gotten it figured out this year. I am sure in the coming years, we will be utilizing that tool more and more. Its a pretty cool and useful site.

I am pretty sure I have enough name tags to go around too. I still got to check. Any other ideas?

CR Member

One note about fragswapper...I think MMMC tried to use it recently but also did a ""what are you bringing" thread and another site similar to fragswapper. No one used it because you literally would have to post in three areas. If you use fragswapper, use only that...otherwise people will stick with what they know instead of trying a site that makes it easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last