[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Any suggestions for the swap?

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by weimers75 View Post
    One note about fragswapper...I think MMMC tried to use it recently but also did a ""what are you bringing" thread and another site similar to fragswapper. No one used it because you literally would have to post in three areas. If you use fragswapper, use only that...otherwise people will stick with what they know instead of trying a site that makes it easier.
    i think the reason most people do it here is because they also make sale threads too so people can pick up locally like i do. i have a hard time using frag swapper the last 2-3 times i tried but maybe once i get more familiar with it i will like it but who knows.

can we get a ps3 and call of duty going haha?

rosebud161616 - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Erika
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Fragswapper is a difficult website to figure out at first. It was very poorly designed and has a very horrible user interface. Once you get past that and actually figure out how to use the thing, it serves it purpose very well.

I just realized this is for a future swap and not the one coming up the weekend after this weekend. Oooops...

Maybe someone could have a learn to use fragswapper workshop at this coming swap!

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud161616 View Post
    Fragswapper is a difficult website to figure out at first. It was very poorly designed and has a very horrible user interface. Once you get past that and actually figure out how to use the thing, it serves it purpose very well.

I just realized this is for a future swap and not the one coming up the weekend after this weekend. Oooops...

Maybe someone could have a learn to use fragswapper workshop at this coming swap!
    no this is targeted towards the swap on the 7th...

CR Member

I agree with rosebud. After you use it, it gets easy...heck on the last All Ohio I (and I was not alone) checked it all the time - the prime stuff would sell out in minutes.

Although it does leave out the local purchases if they can't make it to the swap, the benefits outweigh that cost (and the difficulty cost). Once you get in, it saves all of your listings, and you click a few buttons and can re-list stuff for another swap. It also lists how many are available, and keeps track of all of your sales and requests (no more editing posts to update quantities or things sold out). You can also view only frags that are still listed (as apposed to looking through 8 pages of listings, comments, questions, etc.), and it eliminates all of the "other stuff" like: this is my first time, what do I need to bring, etc. The pages you see are all listings and nothing else.

This is why I suggested not giving other options, like a what are you bringing thread. It forces people to figure out fragswapper (which really isn't that difficult and a tutorial can easily be typed up). Even for this swap there are different things listed here than on MIreefers and vice versa. One site = less problems and less to keep track of.

Thanks for the layout - it will make things run more smoothly

kev2me - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kevin
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

I helped set up INDMAS last year with fragswapper and made a little tutorial on how to use the site here: http://indmas.org/main/index.php?showtopic=4434

Maybe I could repost it here for those who need help with it

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by kev2me View Post
    I helped set up INDMAS last year with fragswapper and made a little tutorial on how to use the site here: http://indmas.org/main/index.php?showtopic=4434

Maybe I could repost it here for those who need help with it
    kevin, please repost that here eventhough it does say the other groups name just post exactly what you have in a thread here and maybe we can get a sticky on it to show people how to use it in the swap forum. after reading it made it seem so much easier now lol

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2