[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Still Meet?

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last
    CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Quote Originally Posted by MyNemesis View Post
    I will honestly admit that the rapid decline and passing of Beaker Bob who was such an integral part and founding member of our organization kind of took the wind out of the sails this past several months.
    I'm very saddened to learn of Bob's passed. He was a great guy and powerful proponent on responsible reefing.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

First Name
    Thomas

In hopes of furthering the reef talk and beer drinking , might I suggest an initial gathering...

Announcing the first occasional Talk Reef, Eat And
    Drink social event (TREAD)

Thursday 1/2/2014 - 6:00PM

I propose TREAD1 be held at 440Main (formerly StoneFire Bistro) on Main street in Brighton (GREAT pizza, good beer and wine lists.) They also have a large glass room we can reserve if we get enough participation. We can then decide the locations for future get together's based on who attends.

Everyone is welcome - please let us know if you can attend and a head count so we can reserve the appropriate amount of space.
    Last edited by CalmSeasQuest; 12-26-2013 at 10:10 AM.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

The Mid-Michigan Marine Club will have a meeting in January. This will likely be a fragging meeting, meaning we will cut some colonies and members will receive some frags.

Quote Originally Posted by msumatt View Post
    Hi,

I believe the Lansing club is called mid michigan marine club. I don't have any other club to reference, but I paid my dues and joined after the big swap last January, but it's now been 11 months later, and I was never informed of a single meeting or anything. I had joined to meet with others and learn more as I've only been in the hobby for about 3 years, but since I've never been informed of a meeting I don't plan on rejoining.

The cost of being a member has historically been $12 and it gets you into the Michigan Coral Expo and Swap and any other club sponsored swaps with whom we have reciprocity agreements for free. The value is still there even if we don't meet at all during the year. Typically we only have two or three meetings a year...a fragging meeting, a holiday meeting, and a reef stew meeting in addition to the big swap.

As John mentioned Bob's illness and passing has taken the wind out our sails. We were close friends and scheduling reef meetings hasn't felt like all that much fun to me in the wake of his illness...We are open to helpers if you want to get a meeting together, contact one of us and we can help you organize it.

CR Member
    First Name
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    The Mid-Michigan Marine Club will have a meeting in January. This will likely be a fragging meeting, meaning we will cut some colonies and members will receive some frags.

The cost of being a member has historically been $12 and it gets you into the Michigan Coral Expo and Swap and any other club sponsored swaps with whom we have reciprocity agreements for free. The value is still there even if we don't meet at all during the year. Typically we only have two or three meetings a year...a fragging meeting, a holiday meeting, and a reef stew meeting in addition to the big swap.

As John mentioned Bob's illness and passing has taken the wind out our sails. We were close friends and scheduling reef meetings hasn't felt like all that much fun to me in the wake of his illness...We are open to helpers if you want to get a meeting together, contact one of us and we can help you organize it.

Hey Jim, my experience level and knowledge in no ways allows me to try and put any meeting together but I'll help out any way I can just let me know.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post

In hopes of furthering the reef talk and beer drinking , might I suggest an initial gathering...

Announcing the first occasional Talk Reef, Eat And Drink social event (TREAD)

I propose TREAD1 be held at 440Main (formerly StoneFire Bistro) on Main street in Brighton (GREAT pizza, good beer and wine lists.) They also have a large glass room we can reserve if we get enough participation. We can then decide the locations for future get together's based on who attends.

My schedule is somewhat flexible, A few possibilities...

Monday 12/30/13
    Thursday 1/2/14
    Friday 1/3/14

I could do any time from 5~8pm, with my preference being earlier. Please add other suggestions and dates and times and we'll narrow it down.
    Is that where Cardonas was ?? OMG showing my age now lol Whatever happened to Sefas!

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post

Announcing the first occasional Talk Reef, Eat And Drink social event (TREAD)

My schedule is somewhat flexible, A few possibilities...

Monday 12/30/13
    Thursday 1/2/14
    Friday 1/3/14

I could do any time from 5~8pm, with my preference being earlier. Please add other suggestions and dates and times and we'll narrow it down.
    I would be into that. I have to check the family schedule, but off the top of my head, 1/2/14 looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by binford4000 View Post
    Is that where Cardonas was ?? OMG showing my age now lol Whatever happened to Sefas!
    Lol....Cardonas was not at this location IIRC.

There was a cardonas in Fenton

I can probably do the 2nd or 3rd.
    90 Gallon Mixed Reef
    165 Gallon GLA - On Order

First Name
    Thomas

So far we're looking at Thursday January 2nd - We'll wait a few days and see if others chime in. Feel free to invite any/all other area reefers that you think might enjoy

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

I'm in on the 2nd. Can't get there until about 6 though.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last