[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Still Meet?

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last

Default Still Meet?

Do you guys still meet? I am in Howell, looking to meet up with others.

ReefTech - Reefkeeper Moderator

First Name
    Matt
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014. Yugo Award - For running the CR booth during MCES

which reef club are you referring to?

The lansing group. Sorry I thought it was a lansing only forum.

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

There's a few of us in Brighton/Howell - Put something together. I'll travel for good beer :D
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw
    Likes Tom Toro, creefer liked this post

ReefTech - Reefkeeper Moderator

First Name
    Matt
    Awards Wheel Master Award - Helping with run the Frag & Swag wheel at the Michigan Coral Expo & Swap 2014. Yugo Award - For running the CR booth during MCES

I cant remember which one it is off the top of my head but I know theres one that meets at Pruess every now and then and they always announce the meetings here on the forum

I might have to do that. Maybe meet at Aubree's or Cleary's or something and talk. Then work on a regular meeting or something. Are there enough people in the Howell/Brighton/Hartland area? Maybe even arrange a field trip to some places on occasion.

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

Brighton here. I'm in for a meet. Let's all meet after the holidays.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by zenom View Post
    I might have to do that. Maybe meet at Aubree's or Cleary's or something and talk. Then work on a regular meeting or something. Are there enough people in the Howell/Brighton/Hartland area? Maybe even arrange a field trip to some places on occasion.
    If memory serves me right Jimflies and MyNemisis are very involved in the Lansing MASAM that frequently meet at Preuss Pets.Not sure whats going on with their group since Beaker Bob passed away(RIP) but am sure a PM to either one would get you pointed in the right direction. I am in Farmington Hills but would be interested in a group of geeks drinking beer and yacking about reef tanks LOL
    Likes Tom Toro liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Hi,

I believe the Lansing club is called mid michigan marine club. I don't have any other club to reference, but I paid my dues and joined after the big swap last January, but it's now been 11 months later, and I was never informed of a single meeting or anything. I had joined to meet with others and learn more as I've only been in the hobby for about 3 years, but since I've never been informed of a meeting I don't plan on rejoining.

MyNemesis - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    John
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Fishbowl Drawing #3 MCES 2012 ($25 Reef Paradise Gift Certificate)

Default MMMC

We have a great group called the Mid-Michigan Marine Club. Our primary event is the swap (Michigan Coral Expo and Swap) we host each year with the Grand Rapids Marine Aquarium Society (GRMAS) We also host coral fragging events for our members where everyone takes home several nice corals. Our MMMC Reef stew is also famous and we prepare a great batch of the finest ingredients and distribute that to the members. All that for only $12.00 per year. Free admission to all swaps with reciprocity with the other clubs. Some years other events are held like summer party or a tour. I will honestly admit that the rapid decline and passing of Beaker Bob who was such an integral part and founding member of our organization kind of took the wind out of the sails this past several months. We have exciting events planned the next couple of months as we prepare for the February 16th Swap and look forward to seeing everyone again. This next year, we hope to take a road trip to the Drs. Foster and Swift Divers Den facility which will be available to our members. Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last